Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto-Express outs the new small Cayenne
Straydox

RE: Auto-Express outs the new small Cayenne

(30-05-2013 07:55pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well after yesterday's fiascos at the local Audi dealership I wouldn't be crossing an Audi dealers threshold for a while - I had a test drive of an SQ5 booked, unfortunately the car was broken when I pitched up, it refused point blank to start!

Well look on the bright side Tim, the experience has just saved you spending circa £50k! The SQ5 starts off at around £43k but the options list is extensive (no heated steering wheel though) so most, mine included, are £50k territory.

Overall the SQ5 seems pretty good quality wise - one or two people have reported squeaky/rattle noises from the enormous front brake calipers and squeaky opening pano sunroof but that's about it. Mine is still perfect though..Very Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
02-06-2013 01:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm determined to have a drive of one Straydox, must admit though that while the interior looks well built it is dull compared to the Evoque and for the sportiest car in the range you would have thought that Audi might have done a bit more to differentiate the SQ5 from the more mundane models

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-06-2013 03:25pm
Straydox

(02-06-2013 03:25pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm determined to have a drive of one Straydox, must admit though that while the interior looks well built it is dull compared to the Evoque and for the sportiest car in the range you would have thought that Audi might have done a bit more to differentiate the SQ5 from the more mundane models

I completely agree Tim, it just looks like a lowered Q5 and is really quite stealthy in most other respects.

The performance is spell binding though - I've had lot of cars in the last 35 years of driving and some pretty quick ones too. I've never driven a road car with so much torque though - that translates to mind-warping acceleration it feels endless on the road the three digit marker on the speedo just flashes past as if of no importance at all and it's still hauling hard around the dial.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-06-2013 12:52am