Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Australian Towbar
Maarten

RE: Australian Towbar

Thanks Barneyridge for this info and the images.

I am looking for a solution for this LED trailer lights issue. I looked on the web and did find so far a LED adaptor module offered by http://www.linearelectronicdesign.com.
I emailed them to ask if this offers a solution for the Evoque and asked for the price.

Do you have more info about the LR product?

Another question. Does the Australian tow bar come standard with a flat or a round pin. My trailer has a round pin and I want to prevent the use of an extra adapter.

Evoque Prestige | Build: 16 Feb 2012 | Delivered: 23 April 2012
Auto | SD4 | 5 door | Fuji white | Spirit interior | Prestige tech pack | Adaptive dynamics | Panoramic roof | 20" Style 6 wheels Very Happy
28-02-2012 12:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Not sure of the LR product, but the service manager said that there was a product that they have previously used for use with the Range Rover and Discovery. He was not sure of the exact item, but knew they had sourced a product in past. He did provide the name of the guy to speak to at the service department but I did not call or follow up. Maybe give you local dealer a call and they maybe able to provide further info. Mine was the first tow bar my dealer had fitted.

My dealer advised when I book the car in that they use a flat pin connector and ask if that was ok. Therefore I assume you could probably ask for a round pin instead. There is a Freelander 2 in my car park with a round pin connector (LR logo on the flap as well) so it appears possible.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
28-02-2012 12:24am
Maarten

Thanks. I will check with my dealer and keep the forum informed. I still have som time to wait. My car was build 16 Feb and I hope the car is on the boat leaving Southampton yesterday. So far I could not find my VIN in their cargo.

Auto | SD4 | 5 door | Fuji white | Spirit interior | Prestige tech pack | Adaptive dynamics | Panoramic roof | 20" Style 6 wheels Very Happy
28-02-2012 12:38am
chiggy

did you try searching on the website:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customerCent...chPage.htm

and in the cargo ID put the full VIN number.

it should tell you if its loaded or not.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
28-02-2012 02:38am
Maarten

Hi Chiggy,
Yes I did. My car is in Topix with a build date of 16 Feb. I didn't show up so far on the website you suggested. If I remember other threads well, it might take a few days before it shows up. But I hope that it is on the boat now...

28-02-2012 03:54am
Evoque U

Thanks Barneyridge, tow bar looks great, a lot cleaner finish then I thought.

Great to hear that the Evoque has no trouble towing your boat.

Will be installing a bar on mine but might wait until after delivery to save $300 or so tax dollars

Cheers

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
28-02-2012 12:12pm
Barneyridge

Evoque U, that is what I did. The fitted price was $1100 approx. As Kerry Packer said I don't mind paying tax, but as long as the use it in the right way. No point paying extra tax given our current governments .

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
28-02-2012 12:44pm