Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Australian Towbar
MPK

RE: Australian Towbar

Part numbers for the towbar mentioned in the Aust manual were the same ones my dealer quoted, so i am guessing there the ones that come with the evoque.....

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 11:09pm by MPK.)
09-01-2012 11:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

(09-01-2012 08:24pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  BFG, not sure but remember in Australia we get a totally different towbar than Europe.

yes, i know but the bit the attaches to the car is the same and this is totally differant from th fl2

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
09-01-2012 11:28pm
Brisbane

I have a towbar fitted. I was quoted $2,500 and ended up paying $1,895 which is crazy but it is convenient and I have towed a dual axle trailer with 1.2 tonnes of rapid set concrete on it without even feeling the trailer holding me back. I considered buying an old ute for the money but it's convenient to have a decent towbar. It's a standard Hayman Reese style fitting as I have slid my old Pajero bar into it.

Pure Tech Pack TD4, Ipanema Sand, 18" Style 2 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Delivered January 2012
25-01-2012 05:56am
Barneyridge

I rang up Trivett at Parramatta today and asked for a price. They quoted $1,662 fitted. That was close to $400 more than my dealer quoted. I think I know where I will be going. I tried Trivetts as I have my office in Parramatta.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
01-02-2012 06:30am
tgee

Is anyone here from Melbourne who has got a quote for the tow bar fitted?
09-02-2012 01:06pm
Evoque U

Barneyridge can you please post a rear end pic of the installed tow bar please

thinking of getting it down but don't know how big the cut out will be

cheers

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
27-02-2012 07:24am
Barneyridge

Will do. Give me 24 hrs

27-02-2012 08:00am
Evoque U

Thanks mate. Make sure it's clean, marks will be deducted.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
27-02-2012 08:51am
Barneyridge

It was washed on the weekend, so it should still be clean Smile

27-02-2012 12:00pm
Barneyridge

Here you go, some pics

The thing I have changed, when installed, the trailer pin connector was sitting on a flat metal plate which made it protrude further out and on an angle. It was completely ugly. I unscrewed that and used the existing holes to screw the pin connector square to the car and on the plate which the metal plate was originally fixed to. It did clean the look up a bit, but as you can see they are not the most attractive towbar.

I hooked up my boat and took it out for the day on Sunday. The boat is a 2011 17.5 foot Larson bowrider. The trailer is 360kgs and the boat dry is 925kg and add another 150kg for fuel and gear. The Evoque handle the weight easily and towed very well, I was very surprised at the towing ability. The boat did make the back of the car a bit bouncy, but I think we were used to the very soft (self levelling suspension) of the previous Subaru Forester turbo. The torque of the diesel (TD4) is awesome for towing.

Previous LR products have had issues with LED trailer lights (Google LR and LED trailer light problems for further info). I can say that my Evoque did not have the issue, but the park sensors do not recognize a trailer is attached, therefore the sensors go off. You can turn them off my hitting the park sensor button on the central LCD screen. I believe trailer assist (program to stop trailer swaying) will not be active either with LED trailer lights. For the trailer to be recognized you need a resistor between the car and trailer wiring. They are products out there which are about $250. LR do have one, but in my case I do not find it necessary. I am 5 mins from the boat ramp. Smile

[Image: Picture221.jpg]

[Image: Picture222.jpg]

[Image: Picture223.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 10:53pm by Barneyridge.)
27-02-2012 10:46pm