Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
allyb123

Australian Deliveries

Neo,
If you have a browse through the Detailing and Care threads, GTechniq pops up a few times as a brand well recommended. It has several products, all that protects or increase shine and polish etc.
I'm going for the C1 paint protection and G1(??) glass protection, basically so it's minimal maintenance and easy to wash mud and bud crap off with a power washer).
Getting that and the tints done at OziCozi (surfacetech and stoneguard) in Artarmon.
And just a quick pic that I took on my iPhone during the 20mins I've seen my car for in daylight before dropping it off again...

[Image: 88b7acbc.jpg]

On Order - Evoque 5dr Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White, Vortex, Contrast Pano' Roof, Style 7 wheels, Adaptive Dynamics, Tech Pack
07-05-2012 09:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

RE: Australian Deliveries

Thanks Ally,

Love the pic of yr car! More pics pls!

Also are the calipers red? I thought the standard are silver?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 11:07am by Neo.)
07-05-2012 11:02am
JoBro

(07-05-2012 12:46am)RedSi4 Wrote:  Thanks JoBro. So hopefully I'll get mine this week sometime. How did you find Alto to deal with? I was going to buy from them as they are close to home and bought my Audi from Alto Audi, but they weren't willing to budge on price......went to Trivett and they had an earlier delivery date (May instead of August) and were happy to bargain.

I didn't really shop around, and obviously felt that since it wasn't a stocked car, i wouldn't be able to haggle much, but i did get the luxuary mats thrown in, and corporate dealer delivery and servicing, due to being employeed by a large bank.

As for their customer service, they were really good at organising the car, and getting the order signed in August 2011, but after that pretty much silence, i had a delivery date of Jan 27th 2012, so early in Jan 2012 i had tried ringing my salesman and emailing him without luck, so i decided to organise my finance and insurance and had everything ready to go and in the works, i finally got a hold of the salesman who told me the car would be delayed till the end of April 2012, another 3 months!

Obviously they never kept me up to date with what was happening, but after enough calls to check on the status, i was able to get the VIN number and track it that way, and then it took about 2 weeks or so after the car hit the docks for the dealer to deliver it to me. Once again the salesman was very good at giving me a smooth handover and the Alto finance guy was really good at helping me sort out everything, and as of Friday evening last week i am the proud owner of a new Evoque.

The only two things i'd complain about was the lack of communication, and the fact that when i rocked up to collect the car, another salesman had two other interested buyers looking at my car with one of them in the passenger seat, the salesman got a little shock when i rocked up as i think he knew that i was the owner of the car and that he shouldn't of had them in the car, and my salesman kept telling me that my car was the most spec'd evoque that they had so far, and everyone was very excited about it.
(07-05-2012 11:02am)Neo Wrote:  Thanks Ally,

Love the pic of yr car! More pics pls!

Also are the calipers red? I thought the standard are silver?

Am going to assume he had them painted red, as that wheel style dosent come in black either, so must of had the rims painted.

I think it looks good, but the wife likes my Style 6's silver

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 11:28am by JoBro.)
07-05-2012 11:20am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
allyb123

Australian Deliveries

Yup, had the dealer organise my style 6's painted black for no cost (I ordered 7's but due to lack of stock, they sent 6's) and had the calipers painted red. I'll take some more pics when it's back from the detailer (I've been away since Saturday).

On Order - Evoque 5dr Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White, Vortex, Contrast Pano' Roof, Style 7 wheels, Adaptive Dynamics, Tech Pack
07-05-2012 12:34pm
RedSi4

Thanks JoBro. The guy I dealt with at Alto was adamant there was no room to move (this was in December) so sounds like you got a good deal particularly since you ordered so early. Disappointing though that they pushed you back 3 months. Alto had said to me the delivery date would be August, so when Trivett said May and they were willing to bargain I jumped at it!

Great that your car only took 2 weeks from when the ship docked, that gives me hope that mine will be ready this week. I've ended up getting the finance through Alto (David), he helped me finance my Audi when I bought it 4 years ago and I was keen to take my business back to him - Trivett tried to steer me towards BMW Finance (probably because they get a better commission).

Will post some photos when I get my wheels!

(07-05-2012 11:20am)JoBro Wrote:  I didn't really shop around, and obviously felt that since it wasn't a stocked car, i wouldn't be able to haggle much, but i did get the luxuary mats thrown in, and corporate dealer delivery and servicing, due to being employeed by a large bank.

As for their customer service, they were really good at organising the car, and getting the order signed in August 2011, but after that pretty much silence, i had a delivery date of Jan 27th 2012, so early in Jan 2012 i had tried ringing my salesman and emailing him without luck, so i decided to organise my finance and insurance and had everything ready to go and in the works, i finally got a hold of the salesman who told me the car would be delayed till the end of April 2012, another 3 months!
07-05-2012 02:33pm
JoBro

Re: RE: Australian Deliveries

(07-05-2012 02:33pm)RedSi4 Wrote:  Thanks JoBro. The guy I dealt with at Alto was adamant there was no room to move (this was in December) so sounds like you got a good deal particularly since you ordered so early. Disappointing though that they pushed you back 3 months. Alto had said to me the delivery date would be August, so when Trivett said May and they were willing to bargain I jumped at it!

Great that your car only took 2 weeks from when the ship docked, that gives me hope that mine will be ready this week. I've ended up getting the finance through Alto (David), he helped me finance my Audi when I bought it 4 years ago and I was keen to take my business back to him - Trivett tried to steer me towards BMW Finance (probably because they get a better commission).

Will post some photos when I get my wheels!

Yeah David did my finance and Andrew was my salesman, also when I picked up my car the garage was packed with cars as a big shipment of them had arrived, so don't sit back and wait for a call, call them and email them everyday until they deliver your car Smile

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 11:36pm by JoBro.)
07-05-2012 11:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
headturner

looks almost like the victoria beckam edition Wink

Shocked santorini black|metallic paint|pana roof|19" style 5|tech pack|clear view|reverse camera & parking aid|tints|protection|Wink loving the DRIVE
08-05-2012 01:06am
RedSi4

Received an email from the dealer this morning, they receive the car tomorrow and it'll be ready on Friday to pickup....am going Saturday afternoon to get it - CAN'T WAIT!! Very Happy

(07-05-2012 11:34pm)JoBro Wrote:  Yeah David did my finance and Andrew was my salesman, also when I picked up my car the garage was packed with cars as a big shipment of them had arrived, so don't sit back and wait for a call, call them and email them everyday until they deliver your car Smile

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
08-05-2012 10:56am
Neo

Wow, everyone is picking up their cars in the next couple of weeks, so exciting!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
08-05-2012 12:54pm
chiggy

(08-05-2012 10:56am)RedSi4 Wrote:  Received an email from the dealer this morning, they receive the car tomorrow and it'll be ready on Friday to pickup....am going Saturday afternoon to get it - CAN'T WAIT!! Very Happy

congrats!

seeing a lot more evoques around.. and I mean.. a LOT more.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
08-05-2012 04:42pm