Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
benzina

RE: Australian Deliveries

Thanks Evoque U....love the preliminary shots, and your new baby is looking sweet indeed. Just wait till it's all cleaned up, you are getting to the pointy end of a long journey (similar to you,i also ordered in August), and this particular new car experience will just blow your mind. Can't wait to see your delivered pics. Cheers.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 12:09pm by benzina.)
01-03-2012 12:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

absolutely love the colour of the seats!!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
01-03-2012 02:20pm
chiggy

So my car is now at the service centre - few things I've noticed now...

1. The window linining and door on the driver's side doesn't line up with the rest of the car - hopefully that will get fixed today.

2. The auto wipers go absolutely nuts during sunset driving into the sun - they go absolutely bezerk and just keep going and going - quite annoying now so getting that fixed hopefully.

3. The engine sputtering on idle issue - although it seems I know a bit more about this than they do... which is worrying.

and the worst part of all? .... got a Freelander 2 as a loan car Sad would've been nice to receive something bigger considering its already in service nearly 4 weeks after I picked it up....but driving it makes you realise how well they converted a Freelander 2 into an Evoque.

I don't mean to offend those who previously owned FL2s but its absolutely shocking compared to the Evoque... its absolutely shocking compared to a Toyota Camry I owned 5 years ago...

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
02-03-2012 02:19am
spif888

(02-03-2012 02:19am)chiggy Wrote:  So my car is now at the service centre - few things I've noticed now...

1. The window linining and door on the driver's side doesn't line up with the rest of the car - hopefully that will get fixed today.

2. The auto wipers go absolutely nuts during sunset driving into the sun - they go absolutely bezerk and just keep going and going - quite annoying now so getting that fixed hopefully.

3. The engine sputtering on idle issue - although it seems I know a bit more about this than they do... which is worrying.

and the worst part of all? .... got a Freelander 2 as a loan car Sad would've been nice to receive something bigger considering its already in service nearly 4 weeks after I picked it up....but driving it makes you realise how well they converted a Freelander 2 into an Evoque.

I don't mean to offend those who previously owned FL2s but its absolutely shocking compared to the Evoque... its absolutely shocking compared to a Toyota Camry I owned 5 years ago...

Chiggy

I see you trying to stir up some controversy over there on the west coast or the heat has simply fried your brain.

Although I absolutely love the Evoque driving experience, I also miss my Freelander which I owned for nearly 3 years. I have never and will never own the most boring automotive brand (LFA excluded) ever, I also have never ever heard or read anybody express a similar opinion- a Camry is superior to a Land Rover Freelander 2!

If wasn't for the FL2, the RRE would not exist

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
02-03-2012 03:11am
chiggy

(02-03-2012 03:11am)spif888 Wrote:  Chiggy

I see you trying to stir up some controversy over there on the west coast or the heat has simply fried your brain.

Although I absolutely love the Evoque driving experience, I also miss my Freelander which I owned for nearly 3 years. I have never and will never own the most boring automotive brand (LFA excluded) ever, I also have never ever heard or read anybody express a similar opinion- a Camry is superior to a Land Rover Freelander 2!

If wasn't for the FL2, the RRE would not exist

Haha I appreciate the fact that the FL2 has produced the Evoque and I won't take that away from it. But driving away in it today just made me appreciate the Evoque just a little bit more than I already do.

Agreed the car is close to $20k more in price - and I may have slightly exaggerated with the Camry being superior to the FL2. Truth be told they are completely different cars and I can't really compare the two. Also I faintly remember my camry's driving ability.

What I did notice with the FL2 though is that it feels lighter than the Evoque and not as "grounded" as the Evoque.

Then again the Evoque is much much newer.

Still, my decision stands... not a fan of the FL2. Having said that I only drove it for 10 minutes on the way to work Laughing

haha I am trying to stir up some controversy... so many new Aus evoques on the forum more to come soon... its exciting times!

Having said that I was actually followed by another Evoque owner in the CBD - OG 5 door TD4 Pure with no clearview pack. Looked at each other - smiled and nodded at each other.

the "unritten" rule of evoque ownership. acknowledging the other owner's great taste in cars.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 06:05am by chiggy.)
02-03-2012 04:12am
chiggy

(02-03-2012 02:19am)chiggy Wrote:  So my car is now at the service centre - few things I've noticed now...

So picked up my car from service extremely pissed off:

1. The service consultant didn't tell me what they did on the car - gave me the car keys, didn't show me the service paper and said all done and pointed to my car outside, asked for the loan car keys and said bye. In fact I didn't even get a chance to sit down at her desk, literally walked in, she stood up gave me the keys and pointed me out.

2. The engine issue seems to be ok for now - no longer sputtering but at the same time not even sure if they did anything.

3. The wiper issue - time will tell if it starts going bezerk again.

4. Window/Driver's side door lining. Ok here's the best part - lining all works ok and is fine now. However it seems that in order to close the driver's door you have to slam it quite hard (or pull it quite hard). If you try to close it normally - it doesn't close and remains half open. Extremely pissed off about this to the point where I forgot I was sitting in an absolutely splendid car and completely took the joy out of owning an Evoque.

I realise it may seem petty this issue I have with the door - but I shouldn't have to pull it really hard or slam it in order to close it. I went back to the service department (after testing out the door in the carpark for 5 minutes) and was 5 o'clock. Reception door was locked and that was that.

5. When buying a $70-$75k car you would've thought after 4 weeks of ownership and realising that it was quite an inconvenience to bring the car in so early in its life, they would at least pour a little bit of water on the outside of the car and wash it - as they do with all other cars that go in for service (I witnessed it). Apparently not.

6. Does ANYONE know how to change the time in the middle screen between the speedo and the rev meter? it seems my time on the dashboard is 4 hours behind (why on earth it is I have no idea!).

7. My side mirror settings were all messed up to the point where I couldn't even see my own car.

.... the joys of owning a Land Rover.

I'm going back there next week to start World War 3.

02-03-2012 11:05am
spif888

Chiggy, Chiggy, Chiggy

I know how you feeling.

I had the most horrific experience with the local LR dealership last year with my FL2, so much so I went as far as test driving a X3 as I was ready to cancel my RRE order.

The service department here in Brisbane is just as woeful and good luck in trying to complain to the call centre. When I phoned the call centre last year to complain about the inept service they referred me back to the service manager as apparently "he was the best equipped to handle my complaint". How ridiculous and ironic because I was complaining about his department. Land Rover Customer Service - the most profound oxymoron yet.

I went to the dealership 2 weeks ago to report the window trim on the drivers door was loose[/align]. Photos were taken, a claim was going to be submitted and I was going to be contacted to book my vehicle in. I still haven't heard from them!

From where I'm sitting that X3 is looking pretty good

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 11:59am by spif888.)
02-03-2012 11:54am
chiggy

Australian Deliveries

Haha spiff no matter what angle I sit from the X3, X1 or Q5,Q3 don't appeal to me.

Unfortunately my love for the evoque is greater than my love for good customer service.

I'm still going to be writing to LR Australia. Even though it was close to closing time an extra 2 minutes in just showing me the service report telling me what they did wouldn't have been hard. I will be calling LR too.

The thing is $72k is already way past my budget for a car and I don't think I would be ready to pay that for any other car even a used RRS which is one of my all time favourite cars. So for me if it wasn't the evoque I would've stuck to my GTi.

02-03-2012 01:49pm
occlusion

Sorry to hear about your frustrations.
Your Perth LR should explained what have been done to the car ,and stayed with you in the car and went through all the listed troubles.
I agreed, after paying that kind of money for Evoque, one expect high quality services.Returning for repair is a bloody nuisance,your time and effort, unnecessary worries.....
Australia LR is just as bad as in UK. Instead of attracting new LR owners,all these problems would certainly put me off buying next LR in the future.
Good luck chiggy, and all the best.
02-03-2012 02:36pm
ghostborne

Agreed, sorry to hear that things aren't running as smoothly as they should.

I recall reading in another thread someone (I think in UK) who had taken their car into the dealership to repair a problem and, in the process of reparing it, the dealership had added an extra 800 miles or so on the car. Outrageous!

Given LR's screwups with my car, I have already been practising my World War 3 speech in the event of further screwups. I have found Len Grossman's negotiation strategy from Tropic Thunder to be helpful in this regard:

I’m going to have to head down there and I will rain down an ungodly f’n firestorm upon you, you're going to have to call the f’n United Nation to get a f’n binding resolution to keep me from f’n destroying you! I Am Talking Scorched Earth Mother F'er!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Order: TD4 Pure, Auto, Fuji White, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Reverse Camera, Front Parking Aid, Auto Headlamps, Rain Sensing Wipers, Climate Control and Air Filter, Rear Air Vents
06-03-2012 04:26am