Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
Millotte

RE: Australian Deliveries

(09-02-2012 08:50am)chiggy Wrote:  Ahh congrats. Any idea on when you'll be picking it up?

Benzina, your ship wouldn't be too far away now! when's it expected to dock?

Chiggy,

I'll know more tomorrow afternoon, I should have a pick up date then. The last 2 weeks have been murder.. Knowing the car is in the country and just "waiting".. But I think your wait was longer.. But long forgotten now!

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
09-02-2012 09:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

(09-02-2012 09:02am)Millotte Wrote:  Chiggy,

I'll know more tomorrow afternoon, I should have a pick up date then. The last 2 weeks have been murder.. Knowing the car is in the country and just "waiting".. But I think your wait was longer.. But long forgotten now!

Actually mine was about 2 weeks exact - 14 days sitting in Fremantle. And then another 5 days later picked it up.

I checked how long it usually takes to get through to delivery to dealer here in WA and it was approximately 12-14 days so I knew how long it would take... i just hoped everyday that I would get a call.

At least you know its there though! shouldn't be too long early next week at the most I would think!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
09-02-2012 09:04am
deebabe2004

(09-02-2012 06:54am)chiggy Wrote:  and what's the excess? do they let you choose your own repairer?

I bumped the excess to $1500 to lower the annual premium, and i get to choose the repairer Smile

With excess at $600 it was $924.90 per year.

(09-02-2012 07:32am)DefLeppard Wrote:  Wow, Id really love to see their formulas for working out these premiums - as they quoted me twice that
(almost 40 female, country area, rating 1)

Whereas Buzz was around the $600 mark.

i couldn't managed to spec in the Pure Tech pack on the AAMI website either. (And it crashes every time I move the sliding agreed value bar back and forth)

Up ur excess it will lower ur premium Smile

they dont let you add the "tech pack" but you can add everything on the pack individuality, i was having issues online too so i just called they were really nice. I have been with AAMI for the last 6years so get additional benefits too

Soon to be the proud owners of a Baby Rangie!

Pure - TD4 Manual - Fuji - 20" Silver Sparkle Style 6 - Ebony Leather & Ebony headliner - Tech Pack - Clearview Pack & Pano Roof - Rear Vents, Paint & Interior protection, Tint

09-02-2012 09:58am
chiggy

(09-02-2012 09:58am)deebabe2004 Wrote:  I bumped the excess to $1500 to lower the annual premium, and i get to choose the repairer Smile

With excess at $600 it was $924.90 per year.

Up ur excess it will lower ur premium Smile

they dont let you add the "tech pack" but you can add everything on the pack individuality, i was having issues online too so i just called they were really nice. I have been with AAMI for the last 6years so get additional benefits too

Ahhh! that makes sense.

I think mine was $1350 with an excess of $600. Didn't really wanna pay much in case there is an accident for whatever reason. Plus I got $640 back from my previous insurer so seemed reasonable.

Although AAMI would definitely have been cheaper by the sounds of it! Good stuff!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
09-02-2012 10:07am
benzina

(09-02-2012 08:50am)chiggy Wrote:  Ahh congrats. Any idea on when you'll be picking it up?

Benzina, your ship wouldn't be too far away now! when's it expected to dock?

Chiggy, mines due to dock on the 16th, but it seems it's a bit ahead of schedual to me, so it may arrive sooner.

The reason i asked about the DRL's, is because i thought i read somewhere else on here, that because they are not compulsery here in Australia, they were delivered de-activated,and then could be activated on demand. According to yours and Barney's experiences, i might be wrong then, but i'd still like know for sure, if Australian versions could be switched off or not.
I'm getting really excited now my Evoque is getting closer,after having placed my order back in early August 2011. Cheers.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 12:21pm by benzina.)
09-02-2012 12:10pm
Barneyridge

Benzina, if it arrives on the 16th you should be in it before the end of the month. My turn around time was 17 days but that included Australia day and a few additional days due to the dealer stuffing around.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
09-02-2012 10:25pm
benzina

Yeah, i'm hoping Barney. It's also looking like the Vista expected delivery date of the 26th is looking quite accurate now.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 02:23am by benzina.)
10-02-2012 02:23am
chiggy

Yeah that would be pretty close to accurate actually! I'd say it would definitely be delivered to the dealer by then provided there's no hiccups.

I'm excited for you! An Indus Dynamic with Contrast Roof! .... *drool*

10-02-2012 02:36am
benzina

Thumbs Up Cheers Chiggy. It's going to be great waking up every morning,and seeing that stunning rolling sculpture sitting there,just waiting to be driven....which is what you are now experiencing with your firenze beauty. Smile

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 06:32am by benzina.)
10-02-2012 06:30am
chiggy

Haha!

We know how expensive parking in the city is... but even though I've stretched myself with this Evoque I just want to park in the city and go work... even if it does cost me more everyday haha! might just have one less meal!

I'm trying to spec up a new Dynamic Havana evoque and just get a quote and see how much it would be... I love the look of the dynamic just can't afford it at the moment... who knows things might change in 6 months hahah!

I'll give a rundown of my likes/dislikes (not many) over the weekend with some better pictures...

10-02-2012 06:40am