Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
spif888

RE: Australian Deliveries

Finally.

I got the call today - handover has been booked for 4.30pm Tuesday 31st January.

The final decision I need to make before I become the proud owner of an Evoque is whether to keep the 19 inch wheels that were ordered by mistake or change back to the 18s that come standard with the tech pack. If I decide to keep the larger wheels I will have to pay in the difference.

Dilemma!

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
25-01-2012 04:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

(25-01-2012 04:22am)chiggy Wrote:  Congrats BarneyRidge!

Pity on the service though! that's actually very very shocking! I wonder if their commission is based upon when you place the order of when you pickup the car...

My guess is when you place the order... I imagine if LR changed their policy to commission paid upon customer delivery... the whole scene would change.

Thanks mate,

I certainly will be letting the dealer principle know as well as LR Australia

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
25-01-2012 05:00am
chiggy

(25-01-2012 04:57am)spif888 Wrote:  Finally.

I got the call today - handover has been booked for 4.30pm Tuesday 31st January.

The final decision I need to make before I become the proud owner of an Evoque is whether to keep the 19 inch wheels that were ordered by mistake or change back to the 18s that come standard with the tech pack. If I decide to keep the larger wheels I will have to pay in the difference.

Dilemma!

How much is the difference?

I've gone way overbudget on mine.. thank god I don't have any mistakes on my car...

or at least that I know of..

One thing I am extremely happy I added late on - was the tech pack on the pure.

Saw pictures of that standard 5 inch screen and its just sooo soo... ugly.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
25-01-2012 05:10am
spif888

(25-01-2012 05:10am)chiggy Wrote:  How much is the difference?

I've gone way overbudget on mine.. thank god I don't have any mistakes on my car...

or at least that I know of..

One thing I am extremely happy I added late on - was the tech pack on the pure.

Saw pictures of that standard 5 inch screen and its just sooo soo... ugly.

Chiggy

The list price to upgrade from 18 s to 19s with a tech pack is $1500. The dealer has offered me a small discount off list or as mentioned he will take the 19s off and replace them with the standard 18s.

I am probably going to bite the bullet and go for the larger wheels.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
25-01-2012 07:15am
Barneyridge

I ended up paying less than $500 for the upgrade to the 19's because of the dealer stuff up Smile I am sure that does not help you spif but good luck. Give it to the dealer

25-01-2012 11:21am
spif888

(25-01-2012 11:21am)Barneyridge Wrote:  I ended up paying less than $500 for the upgrade to the 19's because of the dealer stuff up Smile I am sure that does not help you spif but good luck. Give it to the dealer

Cheers Barneyridge

I have negotiated a few thousand off the list price so I'm not sure if I will be able to get any more off but I will certainly try for another deduction on Tuesday. Considering the number of Evoques for sale on Carsales, I'm sure the dealership would prefer my deal to go through.

25-01-2012 03:04pm
Millotte

(25-01-2012 04:27am)deebabe2004 Wrote:  YEYYYYYYY!!! Our beautiful baby has been built and is on its way! Got the VIN just waiting for it to come up on topix....
We have an arrival date of March 29 Smile

P.S Must say i am getting really pissed with the dealership though, we called again today (placed order over 2 months ago not 1 single call from them, we have called at least 3 times to check status) and the dealer goes öh yeah it has been built do you want the VIN?" like really!!?? Pull ur finger out sunshine!Evil

Great news, now to watch it sail halfway around the globe on marine traffic.( at least it will give you something to check on in the 6 week wait) Mine got offloaded at port Kembla yesterday. I think this will be the worst bit, Waiting for that call.. Hopefully the dealer can get his act together ( see my post in dealer satisfaction thread)

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
26-01-2012 03:05am
Barneyridge

(26-01-2012 03:05am)Millotte Wrote:  Great news, now to watch it sail halfway around the globe on marine traffic.( at least it will give you something to check on in the 6 week wait) Mine got offloaded at port Kembla yesterday. I think this will be the worst bit, Waiting for that call.. Hopefully the dealer can get his act together ( see my post in dealer satisfaction thread)

Don't like your chances of a call, given our experiences you will have to make the call to tell the dealer the car has arrived Smile

26-01-2012 05:22am
spif888

(26-01-2012 05:22am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Don't like your chances of a call, given our experiences you will have to make the call to tell the dealer the car has arrived Smile

Out of curiosity, Barneyridge, when did your car arrive at Port Kembla?

For myself, the car arrived in Brisbane on the 18 January and I'm collecting on the 31st - 13 days.

I think that's about average.

26-01-2012 08:03am
occlusion

(25-01-2012 04:57am)spif888 Wrote:  Finally.

Dilemma!
Congratulation, you must be over the moon.
I think 19" wheels look better and travel beautifully. May be try again to negotiate with your dealer , between $ 500-1000 , would be a fair price, because they were ordered by mistake.
26-01-2012 08:05am