Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
chiggy

RE: Australian Deliveries

My dealer showed me what he gets every morning that shows him the status of my build.

Apparently he doesnt go into the system - its like a printout he gets every morning just saying which car has gone into build, what the date is.

If it hasn't gone into build then it just says "holding pool".

So this printout is given to every salesman every morning to give them an update on the status of their customer cars. So my dealer just goes by what is printed out for him every morning and just so happened that mine said 16/12.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
30-11-2011 10:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MPK

(30-11-2011 06:39am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Hi guys.

I can tell you mine is built !!!! Very excited about that. I did not option the clear view pack which I think is the only explanation that mine was not delayed.

I logged into Topix and got some information. Recommend you register. I just put my VIN in, and it came up with the car information and options. Pretty Cool.

Here is some stuff I got off Topix.

Build date: 24-Nov-2011

ENGINE POWER SOURCE - 150/420 - Thought the TD4 torque was only 400nm ?

VOICE ACTIVATED CONTROLS – Not sure what this is. Maybe Say What you See (thought that was an extra option with the navigation)

CONTINENTAL TIRE VENDOR – Tyre brand I assume

235/55R19 A/T – Tyre size

LESS TRUNK BADGE – Australian specific. no engine badge's on our cars

SINGLE EXHAUST SYSTEM – TD4 get a single exhaust in Australia

HI LINE AUDIO SYS - 600 W – Tech pack says 11 speaker and 380W ??

MIRROR-INTERIOR RR/VW DIPPING – I assume this would mean manual switching rear view mirror. Automatic dimming rear view mirror was an option.

FRT DOOR SCUFF PLATE – I assume this is a plastic standard scuff plate

SPEED CONTROL – don’t know what this is. Maybe a speed warning limit on the trip computer?

TOOL KIT – We get a tool kit for the spare. Pretty standard

INFRA RED REFLECTIVE WNDSCRN - ?????

Hi Barney,

I just checked up on my topix and i also see some of the odd things you point out too.

Very curious to find out what's up with the sound system.....

PK

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
30-11-2011 11:05am
Barneyridge

MPK, it is interesting to see all the stuff isn't it. Amazing that you can also track the shipping of the car.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
30-11-2011 11:40am
benzina

(30-11-2011 10:27am)chiggy Wrote:  My dealer showed me what he gets every morning that shows him the status of my build.

Apparently he doesnt go into the system - its like a printout he gets every morning just saying which car has gone into build, what the date is.

If it hasn't gone into build then it just says "holding pool".

So this printout is given to every salesman every morning to give them an update on the status of their customer cars. So my dealer just goes by what is printed out for him every morning and just so happened that mine said 16/12.

Not what my dealer told me. He says he has to physically look it up on the factory system, and that it not always correctly up to date.
He did'nt say he got a printed readout every morning at all. I don't know whats going on,but i want that readout every morning for sure.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 01:51pm by benzina.)
30-11-2011 12:05pm
chiggy

LOL!

In that case my dealer is screwing me around telling me he gets an update every morning!

I guess that means he cant be bothered checking mine up... or maybe he just said that so I dont keep asking him all the time.

I think its something to do with the "dynamic/pure" build date. Maybe the pures are getting built on the 16th hence why mine made it on there?

not sure to be honest.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
30-11-2011 12:18pm
Jimmy Millna

Hi lads, wrote my dealer a more "assertive" email than usual this morning just wanting some concrete info on build date. Too his credit he was on the phone in 10mins telling me some encouraging news. He said he had 6 cars in a holding pool status last week but earlier this week he has had 5 removed from the holding pool with 3 being allocated a dec build date and 2 "in limbo" which most likely will be given their december build date in the next few days. My car being in limbo. Actually never thought I'd be happy about being in limbo but better than being in that damn holding pool. So expecting a call saying dec build with feb delivery. He also said depending on what options you want they are still causing "restrictions". I was thinking adaptive dynamics but he said it would probably put back the build and seeing it's my wifes car and she (god bless her) couldn't drive anywhere near a level to notice a difference between ad or not I've made the decision to scrap the ad in lue of getting the car earlier.

On order Since august 2011 with zero sign of build slot!!Evil
Fuji white 5 door, prestige si4, pano roof, spirit interior, style 5 wheels, prestige tech pack, park assist,
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 03:06am by Jimmy Millna.)
01-12-2011 03:04am
3VOQU3

I heard the same thing yesterday, that all cars were cleared from the holding pool..

I told the dealer that chiggy didn't want xenons anymore so they said they could move his date forward to december Rolling with LaughterTwisted Evil
01-12-2011 03:42am
chiggy

hahah!

thats ok 3VOQU3... My pure will have xenons hahah!

Its on my signed copy of the contract hahaha!

01-12-2011 04:05am
benzina

(01-12-2011 03:04am)Jimmy Millna Wrote:  Hi lads, wrote my dealer a more "assertive" email than usual this morning just wanting some concrete info on build date. Too his credit he was on the phone in 10mins telling me some encouraging news. He said he had 6 cars in a holding pool status last week but earlier this week he has had 5 removed from the holding pool with 3 being allocated a dec build date and 2 "in limbo" which most likely will be given their december build date in the next few days. My car being in limbo. Actually never thought I'd be happy about being in limbo but better than being in that damn holding pool. So expecting a call saying dec build with feb delivery. He also said depending on what options you want they are still causing "restrictions". I was thinking adaptive dynamics but he said it would probably put back the build and seeing it's my wifes car and she (god bless her) couldn't drive anywhere near a level to notice a difference between ad or not I've made the decision to scrap the ad in lue of getting the car earlier.

Where abouts are you situated Jimmy? and whats your general Evoque spec?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 06:06am by benzina.)
01-12-2011 06:03am
occlusion

Good news, this morning went to Trivett Alexandria, that my Evoque is ready ( many more from Trivett ) to be shipped , estimate 18/12/11 at Port Kembla ,hopefully delivery before end of year! , but any delay due to Christmas holidays, most likely it would be early January 2012!
So far I am very happy with my dealer (Michael Morley) from Trivett Alexandria, very helpful and pleasant ," till I get my trade-in quote". Although there are many Evoque for sale in Carpoint, apparently they are from smaller dealers especially from Queensland and with fixed specifications.
03-12-2011 01:49am