Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
benzina

RE: Australian Deliveries

Thats great for you Chiggy,and very happy you got a win,but like 3VOQU3, did'nt i also order before you? I ordered and paid on the 3rd of August,and instead of the schedual november build slot, i now get told it will be built on the 23/12/11.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 05:00am by benzina.)
30-11-2011 04:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3VOQU3

just got off the phone to the dealer.. Somehow Chiggy you got a lucky spot.. Only difference they can find between our build's that could have caused any delay on mine was manual gearbox..

they couldn't find your tech pack to start with and thought that was the difference Smile lol..

Benzina, your still before me.. I'm mid Jan..
30-11-2011 05:05am
chiggy

haha!

does that mean I may not have the tech pack?!!

or did he just say that they couldn't find it... but then they did?

Benzina: Are you from Perth?

Not really sure how I got that build slot... maybe cause I have a Pure or something? Notice you have a dynamic.. maybe its got something to do with that? Not sure to be honest.. or maybe its the engine - mine is TD4 yours is SD4.

I just hope that the extra options I added on a few weeks ago - tech pack, contrast roof and rear camera are actually there!

I need my vista printout ASAP.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 05:34am by chiggy.)
30-11-2011 05:30am
benzina

Yeah i'm in Perth Guys.

Also,just off the phone to the dealer, and am none the wiser really,other then confirming that build dates are generally worst case scenario,and that it may well be built anytime inside december.
Said that supply's of pano's and Adaptive Dynamic systems (yes & yes) have been causing some delay's,and that mine is one of the first half a dozen SD4's on their order list to be built apparently.
I asked to be immediately updated on any status change,as i continue to hope for it to be built well before that to-close-to-xmas 23/12/11. I think thats all i can do.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 06:28am by benzina.)
30-11-2011 06:10am
Barneyridge

Hi guys.

I can tell you mine is built !!!! Very excited about that. I did not option the clear view pack which I think is the only explanation that mine was not delayed.

I logged into Topix and got some information. Recommend you register. I just put my VIN in, and it came up with the car information and options. Pretty Cool.

Here is some stuff I got off Topix.

Build date: 24-Nov-2011

ENGINE POWER SOURCE - 150/420 - Thought the TD4 torque was only 400nm ?

VOICE ACTIVATED CONTROLS – Not sure what this is. Maybe Say What you See (thought that was an extra option with the navigation)

CONTINENTAL TIRE VENDOR – Tyre brand I assume

235/55R19 A/T – Tyre size

LESS TRUNK BADGE – Australian specific. no engine badge's on our cars

SINGLE EXHAUST SYSTEM – TD4 get a single exhaust in Australia

HI LINE AUDIO SYS - 600 W – Tech pack says 11 speaker and 380W ??

MIRROR-INTERIOR RR/VW DIPPING – I assume this would mean manual switching rear view mirror. Automatic dimming rear view mirror was an option.

FRT DOOR SCUFF PLATE – I assume this is a plastic standard scuff plate

SPEED CONTROL – don’t know what this is. Maybe a speed warning limit on the trip computer?

TOOL KIT – We get a tool kit for the spare. Pretty standard

INFRA RED REFLECTIVE WNDSCRN - ?????

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
30-11-2011 06:39am
chiggy

ahhh! very exciting news there barneyridge!

When is yours expected to be delivered to the dealer?

Definitely need to Register on Topix now.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
30-11-2011 07:11am
chiggy

When do you get a VIN number?

When you get a build date? or once the actual car is built?

30-11-2011 09:01am
Barneyridge

Est arrival in Sydney 11/2/12

Est delivery to me 16/2/12

Build date - only received today

Vin - only received today in email from dealer. I believe it is when the car is built but happy to be proved wrong

Engine number - only received today in email from dealer

To be honest I was going to call the dealer today but his email best me to that. I did speak with the dealer over a week ago and he did not have a build date then. Maybe he was to lazy to check st the time.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
30-11-2011 09:23am
chiggy

if yours has already been built.. how come it takes over 2 months to get here? I thought it was about 6 weeks for it to arrive in AUS.

cause it looks like yours is close to 10 weeks!

30-11-2011 09:41am
benzina

Confirming Barney...my dealer told me you get the vin number once the car has been built.
As for times to get here and deliver from moment the car has been built....dealer says about 7 weeks for Perth, then because the ship comes here before Sydney,you should add another couple or so to that for the Sydneysiders.

NOTE: I wish we could get into the site the dealers get into, to check the build status of our cars,as i want to check it for myself,and every bloody day to will this thing through. Where's the luck?

(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 10:19am by benzina.)
30-11-2011 10:09am