Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
chiggy

RE: Australian Deliveries

Expect Grand Mercury to be off the coast of Fremantle by tomorrow evening! Good luck!

Wow... I'm actually very excited.. feeling a bit nostalgic... its like deja-vu haha! I remember this feeling!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
13-02-2012 03:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoque U

We almost have landing Benzina, then my Evoque will be flying solo to Port Kembla, no more hull mate.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
13-02-2012 05:57am
benzina

Thanks Chiggy....and according to the logistics site, will be in Fremantle on the Wed 15th.
Now about the marinetraffic site....yours is working,yet mine is'nt for some reason, and it's annoying me, because it happens now that my ship is due, and will probably start working the day it leaves.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
13-02-2012 05:57am
chiggy

haha!

yeah the logistics site says its arrives at 2PM on Wednesday I believe!

Its usually pretty spot on that timing I think...

Eithe way I reckon you should be able to see it at the docks on Wednesday afternoon/evening sometime!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
13-02-2012 06:25am
benzina

It's cool....got it working. Thumbs Up

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
13-02-2012 07:31am
ghostborne

Everything was going fine with my order, and then in a flash it all goes to $hit. Received my VIN from the dealer a few days ago and so checked details on TOPIx. All details looked fine except a couple of lines came as a big shock - "Halogen Headlamps" and "Less Headlamp Cleaning". WTF?!? I had ordered the Clearview Pack which is recorded in my order contract.

TOPIx also provides that my build has "Rain Sensor Front W/Wiper" and "Automatic Headlamp On/Off". So it looks like the factory has included the "Automatic headlamps and Rain Sensing Wipers" option (a $505 option) rather than the complete Clearview Pack (a $1,700 option).

So I called the dealer and they say that on their records, it does not state whether the build has halogens or xenons - however, strangely their records show that I have the DRLs (which only come with the xenons) so they need to confirm with UK (expected response next Monday). They say it is "likely" that I have the halogens. To say that I am massively disappointed/annoyed is an understatement.

So the question I have is - are the xenons/DRLs really worth it over the halogens or should I just accept delivery with the halogens (with a discount on purchase price of course)? I must say that I do love the aesthetics of the xenons/DRLs. I have already waited 3 months for the car and it is expected to be delivered late March/early April and I really do not have the patience to wait another 4-6 months to put in another order and wait for build/delivery (although I will certainly be putting serious heat on the dealer to ensure I am bumped up on the dealer's build allocation list if I do choose to put another order in).

I have gone to carpoint/carsales to see if there is a car which fits my build/price which I can buy without the wait but unfortunately I can't find anything that has the same build. So I don't think this option is currently viable.

Sigh....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Order: TD4 Pure, Auto, Fuji White, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Reverse Camera, Front Parking Aid, Auto Headlamps, Rain Sensing Wipers, Climate Control and Air Filter, Rear Air Vents
17-02-2012 03:22am
chiggy

Sorry to hear about the confusion.

That is very odd that you have DRLs but then don't have Xenons. I didn't think that was possible unless the dealer is just saying that to buy time to sort out the mess.

Its just a question of preference now for you. Is the further 4 month wait (if that) worth getting the Xenons/DRLs for? I love the DRL's and the xenons to be honest. But putting myself in your situation I don't think I would be able to handle another 4 month wait for xenons. That's just me though. I'd probably look around at other dealers around Australia to see and ask if there is anything similar coming in in the next month or two. Most Pure's I've seen both at dealers, and on carpoint, all come with the clearview pack so that shouldn't be an issue - its just finding one with all your other options. May even have to compromise colour. But then its just do you want white over xenons, or do you want elec tailgate over xenons or if you find a car without white and electric tailgate would you accept it etc.

If there's no car that you find acceptable in spec - may have to bite the bullet and order again if you really want Xenons.

However I would definitely talk to the dealers about cars they have coming in and other dealers around Melb to see if there is anything similar to yours coming in in the next month or two.

To be honest I would've thought with the specs you've ordered, many dealers would have something similar coming through - maybe larger wheels or no electric tailgate etc - but I guess a compromise is necessary somewhere if you can't get the exact spec. Then it just comes down to whether you feel Xenon's are more important than other options like the elec tailgate etc.

(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 04:02am by chiggy.)
17-02-2012 03:59am
DefLeppard

Unfortunately, Id believe TOPIx over what your dealer says. (who is it if you don't mind saying?)

As many of us have discovered, most of the dealers are pretty clueless when it comes to the options/building these cars.

As Chiggy said, its all about compromise. Id personally be happy to take the car as is, but demand a significant discount/freebies etc for stuffing you around. (that or try scaring them with demanding a loan car until your correct order turns up!)

My second option would be haggle on something they have in stock, or coming soon. There are almost 200 new for sale on carsales/carpoint. (unless like me and you've picked a very rare colour! And my number 1, not up for compromise is my colour choice.)

I love the look of the DRL's, but ran out of money adding the must haves, so the xenons , being a nice to have, missed out.

Good luck....and let us know what you end up doing.

(If yours is built, do you have a ship yet? We might be travelling together?)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 04:12am by DefLeppard.)
17-02-2012 04:11am
andrewcui

I got a call yesterday that my car is at the dealer and i can pickup on thursday!!!

All up about about 4 months from placing deposit to receiving delivery

Its going to be a long 7 days.. will post pics when i have it Smile

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
17-02-2012 04:31am
chiggy

I agree. I'd believe TOPIX over the dealer because that's what the factory has built and put onto their system.

If you're happy to take the car as is as DefLeppard said, ask for as many freebies as possible! literally annihilate them and bombard them with requests cause it really isn't on especially if the dealer just... forgot to add the xenons.

Having said that, the factory could've made an error in which case Land Rover themselves will need to be crucified (not in a literal sense).

17-02-2012 04:34am