Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Australian Deliveries
sethor

RE: Australian Deliveries

(30-01-2012 01:27pm)chiggy Wrote:  did they both have black roofs?

None had contrast roofs.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
30-01-2012 02:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Hi Guys,

I am the proud own of Randall the Rangie (I have to give all my cars a stupid name...tradition). Anyway the wait has been worth it as so many have said.

Dealer handover – not that great but did not expect anything great given the experience so far. The hand over itself was not that extensive. Basically he said, you probably know more than me but was there anything I would like him to run through. I was hot and bother as I got public transport there, so I said to go through the Nav and lets pair my phone. We did that and he also showed me the wrong fuel prevention system. Other than that he said most of the info was in the manual. To be honest I am happy to go through the manual, I am a bit of geek that way Surprised

Freebies
– nothing, apart from a key ring. I did get a full tank of juice

Car Appearance – The Fiji white is a really nice bright white. A bit like the latest white on the Lexus. I am happy that I got the 19 in wheels, and like to style. I was a little bit lost with the style 5 wheels leading up to yesterday. I was thinking that they were a bit fussy. I am still of the opinion a little bit, but overall happy with the choice.

In terms of the trims, again I preferred the Prestige silver bits. But looking at the car in person, I am happy with the Atlas Grey trims. The single exhaust could have been hidden a bit more though.

Pan Roof – that is awesome, it just makes the interior of the car. I elected the ebony interior and the headlining is ivory. The roof just opens up the car. The power blind is pretty cool as well. With the blind closed I feel the car is a bit close in, the roof seems a bit low.

Interior
– the leather grained seats are really good. I think I prefer them to the Prestige’s leather as I think that will hold their form better. The drivers seat is very comfortable and I could easily find a comfortable driving position.
The steering wheel is a nice feel and rim width is spot on.

The one thing I do not like at the moment is the drivers foot rest. I find with the way in which I have the seat positioned, the left leg rests at a different length, ie the left leg resting against the footrest sits closer to the drivers seat when compared to the right leg of the accelerator. At the moment I am not using the foot rest because it is not really comfortable. It could be that I am getting use to the drivers foot well, as the area is more cramped when compared to the Forester.

Have not really been in the back yet. The boot area globe does need to be upgraded though. It is not really bright enough. I have ordered LED global for the boot which came in the mail today. I may install it tonight. There is discussion of LED lighting in the modification area of the forum.

Electronics – I am glad that I got the Nav. It is nicely integrated into the system. The main LCD touch screen is easy to use and navigate around. Had a bit of play, but not much. The bluetooth is good. I have an iphone 4, and when paired it brings up your phone book. Also the blue tooth for podcast worked well.

The ambient light is a bit of a gimmick. The rear camera is very good. I am still getting use to that, never had one before. Some say that it takes a while to load, but I found it not bad at all.

TD4 – really strong pull and performance. Obviously I am taking it cautiously for the initial period, but more than happy with the TD4. I drove the SD4 Freelander 2 before I committed to purchase, and from memory the TD4 does not feel any different. Would be interesting the drive TD4 and SD4 side by side.

Overall I am really happy with the car. I have not had a good chance to look at the manual and all the extra bits yet. I have a bit of driving over the next few days so will be fun. Oh, you do get heaps of looks when driving.

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
31-01-2012 12:27am
DefLeppard

Woohoo.

Cant wait to hear how things go as time goes on.

Looks awesome. I love the style 5s. (rethinking my wheel decision now! too late of course)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
31-01-2012 12:34am
chiggy

Ahh good stuff BarneyRidge.

Looking forward to more pictures and an update in a few weeks once the car and engine begin to open up!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
31-01-2012 01:50am
Millotte

Hi Randal the rangie..

Great news Barneyridge.. Enjoy!

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
31-01-2012 02:16am
gead

nice one barney. I picked mine up this morning...the car is a dream, the handover was a nightmare...it took three and half hours for them to get their paperwork in order and clear the finance. Absolutely hopeless. At one stage they were telling me to take a loan car and come back in the afternoon!!!

Agree with you regarding the foot rest...it just seems like an oversight given how well resolved the rest of the car is.

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 03:32am by gead.)
31-01-2012 03:32am
spif888

(31-01-2012 03:32am)gead Wrote:  nice one barney. I picked mine up this morning...the car is a dream, the handover was a nightmare...it took three and half hours for them to get their paperwork in order and clear the finance. Absolutely hopeless. At one stage they were telling me to take a loan car and come back in the afternoon!!!

Agree with you regarding the foot rest...it just seems like an oversight given how well resolved the rest of the car is.
I'm collecting mine this afternoon at 4.30 and I have this uneasy feeling that there are going to be hiccups.

Let's hope I'm wrong

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
31-01-2012 03:38am
benzina

Congrats Barney....she looks beautifull. Certainly worth the wait hey? Enjoy!!!Very Happy

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
31-01-2012 05:33am
Barneyridge

(31-01-2012 03:32am)gead Wrote:  nice one barney. I picked mine up this morning...the car is a dream, the handover was a nightmare...it took three and half hours for them to get their paperwork in order and clear the finance. Absolutely hopeless. At one stage they were telling me to take a loan car and come back in the afternoon!!!

My Finance went through last Friday so they could not stuff that up. The rego a different story, as I had personalised plates on hold. Lucky I pick up the the car in the afternoon, as it gave them time to fix up their stuff up with the RTA in the morning.

Did you get any freebies..............oh by the way, congratulations mate
(31-01-2012 03:38am)spif888 Wrote:  I'm collecting mine this afternoon at 4.30 and I have this uneasy feeling that there are going to be hiccups.

Let's hope I'm wrong

Congratulation mate.....enjoy the ride

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 07:03am by Barneyridge.)
31-01-2012 07:01am
gead

thanks barney....no freebies, other than the coffee....meh

The finance was sorted, up until the point when the finance company requested the invoice. The dealer supplied an invoice but made out to the wrong company, when they changed the finance company details, they must have just copied over another invoice, because the one the finance company recieved had had the wrong vin number and particulars....arrrggghhh....

i didn't want to risk them putting on my plates, so i have them here and will be putting them on myself

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
31-01-2012 08:15am