Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audi firstout with a hot version of their SUV
Straydox

RE: Audi firstout with a hot version of their SUV

I think LR will address the engine/transmission areas - the beautiful Evoque got its mechanicals from the collective parts bins of Ford and LR - basically what they had at the time. LR are building a new engine plant here in the midlands with a view to building a new generation of engines so it will change.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
22-02-2013 01:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Higher performance for me is a safety issue. I'm not interested in high top speeds or drag racing away from the lights but I am most certainly interested in bring able to overtake an artic safely within the distance I can see ahead and more power means a greater safety margin.

It's not relevant if you only ever drive on dual carriageways/divided highways but where I live, I am miles fom the nearest such road and most of my driving is on single lane roads where making progress depends on being able to overtake safely when the opportunity arises.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-02-2013 11:07am
stiggy

(22-02-2013 12:18am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Knock 11% off the Audi price and it becomes £39k for the sq5(price you can buy th car for rather than going by recommended retail price). So back in line with Evoque pricing. That's a lot of performance for the money, with a bi turbo v6 diesel.
My personal view is they're targeting different mkt segments though, just as the full fat rr and porsche Cayenne are targeting different people. I think the Audi is a great looking car. It doesn't have the 'drop dead' gorgeous looks of the Evoque, but I still like it a lot, and am still tempted by a q5 sline plus as it's cheaper with the discount I've been offered. Being a bigger car it can go and replace our D4 eventually and so I can wait for the Evoque with the Hotfire engine and 9speed auto.
The world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked and bought the same product

Hi Craig
Agreed If you have been offered 11% on one TAKE IT as the best deal I have ever obtained on list for any prestige vehicle (excluding ex-dems or in stock "end of quarter" cars) is 8% and I used to be a fleet buyer! Plus your'e assuming you wouldn't get anything off the Evoque and whilst that was true, its not anymore Ive been offered 5% on a factory order....
Finally when you take depreciation into account the costs are no where near comparable over say 3 years. If you like the car fine but in terms of pricing I don't believe you're comparing apples for apples.
22-02-2013 02:29pm