Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audi firstout with a hot version of their SUV
THEMACS

RE: Audi firstout with a hot version of their SUV

(20-02-2013 10:06pm)nishandf Wrote:  The Dog's Dinner must go to the X1!!
Laughing

I'd have an X1 over a Q3 any day of the week!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
20-02-2013 10:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Sorry but not for me.

Audi interiors are tidy enough, exteriors no where near as exciting and that engine note on the video gave me the impression it had been dubbed on, as the sound did not match what I was looking at, even though it was real.

I have no doubt it will sell quite well, but I'm sticking with my Evoque.

Who knows what LR have in the pipeline?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-02-2013 10:21pm
CSJ

I did a recent test drive in both a Q3 and Q5 and have in the past been a big audi fan. Both cars had a better engine and gear box than the Evoque but the interiors were very bland and not a patch on the RR, the exterior styling speaks for itself and lacks any panache.

If you want a car that works well out of the box go for the Audi, if you want comfort, style and a car that turns heads then stick with the RR

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
20-02-2013 10:32pm
alibeau

(20-02-2013 05:08pm)mark_n Wrote:  Outright performance may not be what every Evoque user is looking for but up to now, the Evoque has been more powerful than the Q3. Not any more, Audi have announded the RS Q3 which has 310 bhp from a 4 cylinder 2.5 litre turbo, thats up 73 bhp on the Si4 and takes more than 1.5 seconds off the 0-60 time, down to just 5.5 seconds.

Later this year, the Porsche Macan will do even more in it's fastest guise.

I know many will say they still prefer the looks and interior and off road ability of the Evoque but LR's place in the sun will not last for ever and I certainly hope we will see a hot Evoque at some point.

+1 Bring it on Thumbs Up

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
21-02-2013 12:50pm
stiggy

Having been a long time Audi fan (my latest was an S5) I decided to take a look at the SQ5 after seeing this thread.
Firstly in terms of pricing I don't know how it can be compared to the Evoque at all, I have an SD4 dyanamic with a couple of options and paid around 41K (list) however I tried to spec an SQ5 to the same level and stopped when I got to 48K?
To my mind you should indeed expect better performance for 7K or more over the Evoque price!
Also anybody who has driven the Q5 (in any trim spec) or owned an S line Audi will tell you that the ride is absolutely terrible on British roads and is not even in the same league as an Evoque (even without dynamic suspension).

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
21-02-2013 02:38pm
Madrunner

(21-02-2013 12:50pm)alibeau Wrote:  +1 Bring it on Thumbs Up

You prayers may just be answered - watch this space ....
21-02-2013 08:07pm
cutter7

Audi firstout with a hot version of their SUV

(21-02-2013 02:38pm)stiggy Wrote:  Having been a long time Audi fan (my latest was an S5) I decided to take a look at the SQ5 after seeing this thread.
Firstly in terms of pricing I don't know how it can be compared to the Evoque at all, I have an SD4 dyanamic with a couple of options and paid around 41K (list) however I tried to spec an SQ5 to the same level and stopped when I got to 48K?
To my mind you should indeed expect better performance for 7K or more over the Evoque price!
Also anybody who has driven the Q5 (in any trim spec) or owned an S line Audi will tell you that the ride is absolutely terrible on British roads and is not even in the same league as an Evoque (even without dynamic suspension).

+1

21-02-2013 08:47pm
Evo-king

(21-02-2013 08:07pm)Madrunner Wrote:  You prayers may just be answered - watch this space ....

OK, You've got my attention, I'm watching.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-02-2013 09:52pm
Madrunner

Word on the street (not from me of course) is someone somewhere in gods fair isle might just be working on a hot Evoque....maybe....possibly...
21-02-2013 10:02pm
Craig_d1

(21-02-2013 02:38pm)stiggy Wrote:  Having been a long time Audi fan (my latest was an S5) I decided to take a look at the SQ5 after seeing this thread.

Knock 11% off the Audi price and it becomes £39k for the sq5(price you can buy th car for rather than going by recommended retail price). So back in line with Evoque pricing. That's a lot of performance for the money, with a bi turbo v6 diesel.
My personal view is they're targeting different mkt segments though, just as the full fat rr and porsche Cayenne are targeting different people. I think the Audi is a great looking car. It doesn't have the 'drop dead' gorgeous looks of the Evoque, but I still like it a lot, and am still tempted by a q5 sline plus as it's cheaper with the discount I've been offered. Being a bigger car it can go and replace our D4 eventually and so I can wait for the Evoque with the Hotfire engine and 9speed auto.
The world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked and bought the same product
22-02-2013 12:18am