Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audi A1
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Audi A1

Anyone got one, driven one, opinion on one?

Is it too small, pricey?

Should I move on down my list for the perfect small car?
13-08-2011 11:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Audi A1

NO, I have a friend who has one and regrets having bought it and is trying to change it for an Evoque. Says the ride is unbearable and it gets blown around on the motorway and he's had 3 recoveries to the dealership on a flatbed in 4 months. He's currently driving a loaner from the Audi dealership while they try to fix it yet again - a Mini convertable which is a year old and was a trade in against an A1 which he says is a magic car!
I would say if you want a small run about then a FIAT 500 would be a better buy based on my friend's experiences. His parents also run an A3 cabrio that has been nothing but trouble - continually flattening it battery overnight and they also are looking for an Evoque but desperately want a convertable one!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2011 09:46am by XFullFatTim.)
14-08-2011 09:43am
tetstb

My next door neighbour has one and its a cracking little car but the Polo on which it is based is much cheaper. Having just let go of an A6 and A5, we are no longer an Audi family and as much as I loved my A6, I hated the unreliable and overpriced A5 and Audis are just bland now.

Spend your wedge on an Alfa Mito, much better car for less money.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
14-08-2011 11:50am
ED209

Went to look at them for the girlfriend when they first came out, was totally underwhelmed to be honest. Nice enough but very very dull. Oh the fact the audi sales staff were too ignorant to speak put uss off too.
17-08-2011 12:23am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

What is it about Audi dealers - I have experienced this too and so has my brother (who already owns an A4 cabrio that he wanted to change for an A6 AllRoad but has just signed on the dotted line for a Subaru Forrester instead) and several colleagues at work who have also been given less than polite treatment by Audi showroom staff. Surely business isn't that good that they can afford to turn away customers?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2011 01:45am by XFullFatTim.)
17-08-2011 01:44am
jgouldj

I have not drven one, but I am quite taken with the design - a marked improvement on the hidoeus A2. I think it actually stands out against the majority of the superminis at the moment. But I am not surprised that it is a bit pricey!!
17-08-2011 08:50am