Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!
Lookers Park Royal

RE: At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!

(29-11-2011 12:29am)Grah Wrote:  Really that is not a good reason for ignoring the standards it unambiguously sets down.

You have missunderstood my point (which is sometimes difficult to get across in the written word). Happy to discuss in detail if you would like to PM me your number.

James Smile
29-11-2011 04:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DJ2Tall

Well I did get a full tank from Farnell Bradford. Much appreciated too!!

And what an amazing vehicle it is! Well worth the wait!!
29-11-2011 11:16am
Evo-king

(29-11-2011 11:16am)DJ2Tall Wrote:  Well I did get a full tank from Farnell Bradford. Much appreciated too!!

And what an amazing vehicle it is! Well worth the wait!!

I'm really chuffed for you, happy motoring.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-11-2011 11:23am
Grah

(29-11-2011 04:03am)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  You have missunderstood my point (which is sometimes difficult to get across in the written word). Happy to discuss in detail if you would like to PM me your number.

James Smile

Don't want to be obtuse, but you seem to be defending the quarter-tank-only-policy which Land Rover from the leaked document appear to want you (as dealers generally) to change. You're arguing against giving a full tank on the basis that customers should not have seen the document that sets this full tank as a standard, a position which doesn't really make sense.

Glad to hear you're giving a full tank now, and I'll be asking this of my dealer too, but I can't help thinking that without the letter being leaked, this would not have happened.
29-11-2011 10:51pm
Urban Splash

It's all a bit mean in the grand scheme of things... Sad really that dealers squeeze as much out the customer as possible. Yes I know 'it's business' but arguing with a customer over less than £100 on a circa £40k car makes you look rather silly....and actually shows how LR regards their customers.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 11:11pm by Urban Splash.)
29-11-2011 11:11pm
JiiPee

I got a tank so full that I could actually see the fuel level at the mouth of the inlet.

On top of that I got a bottle of Bollinger Champagne!Very Happy

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
29-11-2011 11:15pm
Lookers Park Royal

Grah, Sadly you have still missed my point. As previously offered I am happy to explain over the phone.

James Smile
29-11-2011 11:36pm
mark_n

As James has said, the level of fuel is outside the contractual scope of the purchase and down to goodwill. I'll regard any free fuel as a bonus but if the dealer fills it and charges me for it, I'll make life difficult for them by asking for a receipt detailing the volume provided. If it turns out they're charging at a profiterring rate, they'll need to consult an urban dictionary to understand what I am saying.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-11-2011 12:02am
Grah

(29-11-2011 11:36pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  Grah, Sadly you have still missed my point. As previously offered I am happy to explain over the phone.

James Smile

No, please explain in the open forum so everyone can see.

Transparency is the issue here, if you see my point.
30-11-2011 12:27am
3VOQU3

My order actually states full tank of fuel.. As said on here i take it thats just my dealers policy.. I've bought cars half the cost and always had full tanks.. Some dealers are clearly just scroogy.. lol
30-11-2011 12:27am