Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!
LDT

RE: At Last!! Taking delivery tomorrow!!

Thanks for the clarification and update James, very helpful.

I have also been advised by a reliable source that the backlog is reducing, and every effort is being made to ensure that production is up to date by the Christmas factory shutdown. Fingers crossed!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
28-11-2011 07:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

I hope mines is built before the shut down and be on the transporter when they open as my delivery is supposed to be 10th January

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
28-11-2011 08:23pm
ED209

(28-11-2011 07:06pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  As you can appreciate, LR are playing catch-up with the delay, however I believe that the next order call will open tomorrow/Wednesday. Looking at planned production, it is being pulled forward as much as possible, therefore early Jan build slots may be the ones that surprise.

James Smile

Is this correct?? I would like confirmation if poss please. Its sods law that my salesman is on holiday this week and i dont want to miss a slot because of it. If its definetly coming i will contact the dealer and remind them i am in the queue lol
28-11-2011 08:23pm
J77

I don't want to get my hopes up but my original date was dec 24th for delivery, could it be that my one may come earlier.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
28-11-2011 08:30pm
mywillia

Just to confirm what James has already said and as per the LR price list

ON-THE-ROAD-PRICE – Includes First Year Vehicle Excise Duty £115 (eD4 150hp 6-Speed Manual 2WD), £130 (TD4 150hp 6-Speed Manual 4WD and SD4 190hp 6-Speed Manual 4WD), £265 (SD4 190hp 6-Speed Automatic 4WD), £445 (Si4 240hp 6-Speed Automatic 4WD)
for 12 months (subject to statutory changes) and a £55 Government Vehicle First Registration Fee. Fuel supplied by the dealership and other goods or services supplied by agreement between customer and the dealership are not included.

I wasn't expecting a full tank. Bonus if it's there.

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
28-11-2011 09:42pm
WB
WB

(28-11-2011 06:54pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  wbessada,

You are correct, the doccument spells the situation out in blackt and white. The issue however is that the doc is an internal doc used for all markets which has an error within it relating to fuel level at handover (for the UK certainly). It was never intended to be a customer facing document, however someone somewhere must have decided that the forum would find it interesting. I have clarified with LR just in case I had missed a policy change, however it is an error in the manual. It would be fairly significant for the dealer network to be contracted to supply each vehicle full of fuel (rough calculation for LPR would be £35,000pa) therefore the dealer cabinet would need to be consulted.

I fully understand the ethics involved, and as you can see, we as a dealership have made the decision to fill our customers cars, and I guess many other dealers will have made the same decision. I felt it was important that (as forum sponsor) I should help assist members by giving some clarification, as I would not want anyone to have an issue at handover, based on an error in an internal doccument which is in circulation outside of the dealer network. I have the forum interests at heart and clearly have no motivation to defend the topic by virtue of the fact that we are filling cars. Very Happy

Put simply, I would not want anyone on the forum to expect a tank of fuel and then 'fall out' with their dealer on delivery (based on an error in this leaked doc), when it should be a exciting occasion and something that both the dealer and customer should be looking forward to.

The good news is that cars are now coming through thick and fast and we have had a number of vehicles released to us which we were not expecting so soon. With this in mind we are hoping that some of our vehicles that we had resigned to the fact would come through in January, may now come through in December. Wink There are at least two forum members who have received good news from LPR last week alone!

Let's hope that there are some good news stories for December as we are starting to see a few cars earlier as opposed to later than the revised plan.

As always I'm here to help........... I promise!!

James Very Happy
James,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Much appreciated.
28-11-2011 11:56pm
Grah

I appreciate the time and trouble you take on this forum. However, the point still stands that you object to the document quoted not on the basis of accuracy, but that that customers shouldn't have had sight of it.

Really that is not a good reason for ignoring the standards it unambiguously sets down. You are doing very good business with the evoque, it's not a good time to be seen to be parsimonious with the standards the document sets down.
29-11-2011 12:29am
bogstomper

James - I respect the LPR position and thank you for clarifying where the dealer network stands. My personal position is that while my dealer did provide a full tank and while we wouldn't have fallen out over it if they hadn't, I think it's a reasonable gesture / customer expectation on a premium product being sold at full list price with no form of any other discount. I made a point of thanking them for doing it as it's certainly something I appreciated being done.
29-11-2011 12:33am
tom

Hi bogstomper where abouts and which dealer did you buy from?
Thanks
29-11-2011 02:08am
Evoqess

I know I would certainly favor a "franchise" that provided a full tank of gas! Even if it was cleverly tucked into a documentation fee or other fee. But then, in Canada a full tank is worth less than $100 if premium gas is $1.40 a litre.
If I didn't get a free tank of gas an equivalent value of LR knickknacks would also work Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-11-2011 03:24am