Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Creaking on doors.
Richieleo

Creaking on doors.

Hi. Does anyone have a problem with their new Evoques having creaking in their doors? Mine is on the driver's side. It's like plastic or stuff which has been tighten too tight. It's more apparent when I am driving up carpark slopes.
05-09-2012 02:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

Creaking on doors.

I have the same issue and heard a creaking noise making left hand turns in carparks! I haven't located the source yet. I initiatly thought it might be the glass in the pano roof but I've tested the roof and it's quite solid an stable.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
05-09-2012 03:08am
Richieleo

RE: Creaking on doors.

I'll be visiting the agent shortly so I'll find out.
05-09-2012 03:17am
Barneyridge

No creaking on mine, and that is with 13,000 km

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 01:15pm by Barneyridge.)
05-09-2012 01:15pm
Richieleo

Just an update.

So I got the problem resolved. It's the result of dry rubber seals round the whole door. They applied a lubricant (though they were clear that WD 40 should not be used as it is corrosive) and all door seals and now it's quiet as can be.

I have asked my Service consultant to get me the name of the brand of lubricant they are using so I could do it myself next time. Smile

Dynamic // Si4 // 5 door // Mauritius Blue // Black Roof // Vortex Interior // 20" Style 6 Wheels // Front & Rear Parking Aid// Auto Dim r.view mirror//voice control//hdd nav//load retention system.
11-09-2012 03:06pm
invoke

Interesting! Look forward to hear the tip.

The guy who built my house once said to use silicone gel and rub it on window seals every fall (autumn) to protect from hardening and cracking. Don't know if it's safe for car door seals as well?

Also I think it's true for engine belts as as well. We have this product called belt dressing, prevents cracking and retain softness. Might be a similar kind of product will help.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
11-09-2012 03:39pm
KaDargo

Mine has just developed that fault !!

I have a couple of issues, so may contact the dealer for some fixes (too early for servicing)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
11-09-2012 03:40pm
Neo

Creaking on doors.

My car is at the dealers for the next few days to fix a big rattle in the tailgate (they have to remove the tailgate from the vehicle ) and the creaking noise coming from the back somewhere - could it be the door seal problem?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
11-09-2012 09:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Using WD40 is also a waste of time as it evaporates after a while and you are back at square one again

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2012 08:41am