Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are my wipers trying to kill me ?...
speary

Are my wipers trying to kill me ?...

...or do they just have an evil sense of humor. I have long had the feeling that the auto wipers on the Evoque are crap. The attached video is with them on the most sensitive setting and usually they are a lot worse than this. Why the heck would they just stop when it is obvious that it is chucking it down.
B!0ody dangerous if you ask me Shocked
I know I can switch them on to manual and i think i will have to do that for safety reasons. I wonder if i can get a refund for the auto wiper option Rolling Eyes

[Image: th_IMG_0447_zps00a8be25.jpg]

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-02-2013 09:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nantmoel

RE: Are my wipers trying to kill me ?...

Take the car back to the steelers and get them to sort them out! Show them the video.

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
13-02-2013 11:16am
cjfp

Haven't seen vid as out on phone. Iirc, the 'intermittent' wipspeed/frequencye can be configured (by dealer) to either be linked to sensitivity or vehicle speed - could yours be configured to vehcile speed?

Is the windscreen sensor area dirty ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-02-2013 12:05pm
stiggy

Its special Bolton rain, the type that wets you though and you only get it on Blackburn Road at night on the way back from the pub!

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
13-02-2013 02:22pm
Kojak

My auto wipers on my last 3 cars and my other halfs car are no better than that.

I have had Audi, Porsche and BMW and my other half's is a VW.
It seems certain types of rain fall does play havoc with the sensor and without being able to describe it, the rain in your video looks like the stuff that Censored things up for me.

Blustery misty drizzle maybe? but it always gets shifted by the occasional rogue of proper rain drops.
Got to face it, like cruise control its a convenience thing not a complete substitute and if you need to go to intermittent, constant or even totally manual then so be it.
I agree it can be really annoying, especially as that rain pattern is all we seem to have had for 3 months!
13-02-2013 10:17pm
speary

(13-02-2013 02:22pm)stiggy Wrote:  Its special Bolton rain, the type that wets you though and you only get it on Blackburn Road at night on the way back from the pub!

Bolton correct, Blackburn road correct, pub, fat chanceVery Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
14-02-2013 02:29pm