Poll: Cancel order?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone tempted to cancel their order?
Sassy

RE: Anyone tempted to cancel their order?

I'm waiting until my driving day in a couple of weeks and if it's not tip top then I'm cancelling and going for the BMW M1. No good reason for the M1 apart from it's a cracking car. The Evoque needs to be really special in the flesh or I am not going to commit to three years with it.

As for MPG, it was never going to be Passat-beating, was it? And if you think TG, Autocar, Whatcar or any other mag has a scientific way of determining real life MPG you're mistaken. They will run the car their way and record their observations. Just like you or I would, so as Fox says, your real life MPG is going to be unique to your own driving style and use.

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
19-07-2011 12:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fox

(19-07-2011 12:37pm)Sassy Wrote:  I'm waiting until my driving day in a couple of weeks and if it's not tip top then I'm cancelling and going for the BMW M1. No good reason for the M1 apart from it's a cracking car.

The BMW M1 Coupe looks like a right cracker.
But there is apparently going to be a limited number so I'd talk to dealer and find out when you need to order by...
It's not a mass production model like the Evoque.

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
19-07-2011 01:32pm
Blackseries

(19-07-2011 12:37pm)Sassy Wrote:  .... if it's not tip top then I'm cancelling and going for the BMW M1.

I find it very intriguing to hear what cars people are coming from and what alternatives they are considering. I've been in a conversation with someone who has a deposit down on a Porsche Cayenne and is seriously thinking of changing to an Evoque (even though they will lose their deposit) and someone quite far down the route with a MB E Class Coupe again very tempted by an Evoque.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 01:48pm by Blackseries.)
19-07-2011 01:48pm
vinda

What price is the m1
20-07-2011 01:24am
Fox

(20-07-2011 01:24am)vinda Wrote:  What price is the m1

£40k

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
20-07-2011 10:37am
Pricy147

(19-07-2011 12:37pm)Sassy Wrote:  I'm waiting until my driving day in a couple of weeks and if it's not tip top then I'm cancelling and going for the BMW M1. No good reason for the M1 apart from it's a cracking car. The Evoque needs to be really special in the flesh or I am not going to commit to three years with it.

I would seriously consider a TTRS Stronic instead if I were you. About 10k more - but better looking and seriously seriously fast. I have the manual, and that is quick - particularly when mapped.

You are looking at a standard TTRS Stronic with launch control doing 0-60 ~ 3.7 seconds, and 1/4 mile runs in just over 11 secs. Not many supercars will match or better that.
20-07-2011 09:54pm
Tonyrec

Yes. As much as I like the look of the Evoque, we feel that it's too small for our needs. Having gone from a D3 to a Freelander2 the size was just about manageable, however, the Evoque is smaller again.

As a result, we have cancelled our order and ordered a 2012 model D4 HSE. Good luck with the new car and I'm sure it will look superb.
21-07-2011 07:24am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

You too Tony and a lovely new disco to look forward to Very Happy
21-07-2011 07:38pm
Sassy

(20-07-2011 09:54pm)Pricy147 Wrote:  
(19-07-2011 12:37pm)Sassy Wrote:  I'm waiting until my driving day in a couple of weeks and if it's not tip top then I'm cancelling and going for the BMW M1. No good reason for the M1 apart from it's a cracking car. The Evoque needs to be really special in the flesh or I am not going to commit to three years with it.

I would seriously consider a TTRS Stronic instead if I were you. About 10k more - but better looking and seriously seriously fast. I have the manual, and that is quick - particularly when mapped.

You are looking at a standard TTRS Stronic with launch control doing 0-60 ~ 3.7 seconds, and 1/4 mile runs in just over 11 secs. Not many supercars will match or better that.

TTRS is the other car I'm thinking of! BMW dealer says he has one M1 left he could get for me if I decide asap, it will be £46k tho once I add sat nav and a few other things that take it to the same spec as the Evoque. TTRS comes in around £46k too, and seems to be more car than the M1, but like you say M1 is going to be rare. Having now driven/seen the Evoque first hand I am seriously swithering!

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
01-08-2011 04:04pm
vinny

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
01-08-2011 06:16pm