Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR Assist in Europe (from UK)
PhilSkill

LR Assist in Europe (from UK)

Anyone ever had to use the UK warranty LR Assist in Europe, the warranty book seems a little vague, but there seems to be cover to get you to the nearest dealer and that's it, when abroad. Any experiences, do you get a loan car? Does it recover you in event of an accident or breakdown?

Also looking at the AA site, breathalysers aren't enforcing an on the spot fine in France until November (I'm just passing Calais into Belgium anyway), and otherwise you only actually need a Triangle and a reflective jacket?

Mine didn't have a Euro plate so GB sticker required!

What did we determine on the headlamp adjustment (non-adaptive Xenons)?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-07-2012 12:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Onebigjobby

RE: LR Assist in Europe (from UK)

I would also like an answer to this question, what service do u get in europe?

Breathalysers r available in halfords for £5 for 2, the correct French marked ones.

Also note magnetic UK badges do not work as the back of the evoque is not metal!
Triangles, hi viz, spare set of light bulbs and an extinguisher should see u ok on most of europes roads, most countries require these items!
Onebigjobby
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 06:18pm by Onebigjobby.)
14-07-2012 06:17pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Remember the fluro jackets must be inside the passenger compartment, not in the boot. Headlights don't need any adjustment as they are are special dip pattern to suit short trips into Europe, no black patches required for the lenses either - it's in the owner's manual. You still need your box of spare lamps IIRC

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-07-2012 06:54pm
BFGEvoqueMan

Guys,

Sorry to disappoint but unless you have adaptive xenons you will need to adapt your lights (the manual is wrong). Trust me, normal halogen, normal xenons you will be blinding people. The reason for this is that LR have not fitted the little bit that flips up on the shutter (tourist leaver) that flat beams the lights, such as I have on my SLK (halogen projector) or my last FL2 (xenon projector).

My advice is park your car about 1m away from a wall (at night) and then take a piece of tape about 3cm x 8cm and place it horizontally across the projector so that the bottom of the long part of the tape is level with a line that horizionatally cuts the projector in half. Using the reflection in the wall you are trying to block off the kick up to the left, when you have got this then attach the tape to the light in the appropriate place. When you get home remove the tape when the light is cool.

This may seem a bit cheap, but it saves getting ripped off at the port for the best part of £6 for headlamp adaptors and does the job. Also if you have a hi-vis vest at work, just take that since they are not special car ones.

LR assist is very good in Europe but remember much of mainland europe don't do 24/7 culture as the UK. You will get recovered and they will sort out a hire car, but for example, if you get a puncture at 3pm on a Sat, don't expect anything to happen until 8am Mon.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
15-07-2012 05:57am
PhilSkill

Was in Halfords, so brought their travel pack for £29.99 and the 2 Pack breathalyser for £5.99, With the triangle taken out of the fluorescent bag and placed in the rearmost slot of the under boot compartment (non spare wheel version) the rest of the pack fits nicely in the center compartment between the gunk and compressor packs. All fits very nicely in the spare compartments leaving the large compartment free still and no room for anything to rattle. Just need to sort out some spare bulbs.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-07-2012 10:23pm