Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone fitted a milltek or aftermarket exhaust to a diesel!
Nickj

Seen a couple of reasonably priced milltek exhaust on ebay recently, some just a couple of hundred quid.

Now I know it's pretty pointless adding an exhaust to a diesel but any one got any experience of one on a diesel?

Any performance increase, or any noise improvment?

On my previous cars my exhaust systems have costs £££££ so although probably a bit pointless I may consider it!

Anyone want a low milage (15k) 2 year old dynamic twin exhaust for a conversion on a pre maybe?
21-02-2016 10:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
imthebest20

Wouldn't do it dude. I found that unless you get a full custom remap (not a plug in kit) it just doesn't work right.

Plus Diesel and exhausts don't really mix. Up to yourself but I went back to standard, sounded like a tractor and was looking at £500 ish for a custom rolling road map
26-02-2016 12:17am
Nickj

RE: Anyone fitted a milltek or aftermarket exhaust to a diesel!

Thanks. Did you do anything with the DPFs or cats as it unsusually for an exhaust as in just the back box and centre pipe to upset a car!

I have had a exhaust in a 335d twin turbo bmw and all was fine?
26-02-2016 08:45pm
imthebest20

No I fitted the back box kit. It just felt like it was blowing out and no pressure. Land Rover have done a good job I wouldn't personally mess with it again. I had considered lowering it and doing bits and pieces but I've came to realise that I should touch a range, I was part of a Facebook group and that was the general consensus, no matter what anybody did it seemed to cause more issues than it fixed.
26-02-2016 11:27pm