Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any one got their orders wrong?
mklam90

Hi members, I'm new here and this is my first post. So I've recently put an order at the beginning of December 2012, and is scheduled for deliver on April. And I heard from other forums that in some cases, dealers got their orders wrong, such as missing options, wrong engines (diesel & petrol) and even completely wrong car mixed up (Pure, Prestige & Dynamic). I'm starting to worry that sometime might happen to my order, as I've been really looking forward to the delivery of it. So I was wondering if any of you have NOT got what you've exactly ordered?

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
22-01-2013 04:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Any one got their orders wrong?

Just get the dealer to give you a print out from their order system to show you what they've input for you.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-01-2013 07:37am
mklam90

(22-01-2013 07:37am)cjfp Wrote:  Just get the dealer to give you a print out from their order system to show you what they've input for you.

I have, and it is all correct. I'm just afraid that the factory gets it wrong when they build it or something like that. So I was just wondering how many cases we have here that got their delivery not what they've ordered.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
22-01-2013 08:49am
Hamsey

Yep! After ordering in January 2012 and waiting patiently for 10 months for my car to arrive (after being told it would be 5 months when I ordered it), I received a phone call the day prior to picking it up to say that somehow my car had arrived without the power tailgate and the big one, NO panoramic roof!

To say I was less than impressed would be an understatement having also just sold my current car in readiness to collect the new one.

After some 'robust' discussions I have to compliment the dealer on how they handled the whole situation. They organised a priority build slot for my new new car, offered me some extra goodies and gave me the brand new car to drive in absolutely free until the new order arrives. Still a less than ideal situation, but hey mistakes happen, it's how they are dealt with that makes all the difference.

Order 17/02/12: Si4 Pure, 5 Door | Indus Silver | Ebony Interior | Panoramic Roof | Electric Tailgate | 19" Style 4 Wheels | Tech Pack | Clear View Pack | Folding Mirrors.
Re-ordered 01/11/12: The silly Censored forgot to order the Panoramic Roof! Now driving around in the above for free until the new one arrives.
Arrived: 19/02/13.
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 02:15pm by Hamsey.)
22-01-2013 02:14pm
mklam90

(22-01-2013 02:14pm)Hamsey Wrote:  Yep! After ordering in January 2012 and waiting patiently for 10 months for my car to arrive (after being told it would be 5 months when I ordered it), I received a phone call the day prior to picking it up to say that somehow my car had arrived without the power tailgate and the big one, NO panoramic roof!

To say I was less than impressed would be an understatement having also just sold my current car in readiness to collect the new one.

After some 'robust' discussions I have to compliment the dealer on how they handled the whole situation. They organised a priority build slot for my new new car, offered me some extra goodies and gave me the brand new car to drive in absolutely free until the new order arrives. Still a less than ideal situation, but hey mistakes happen, it's how they are dealt with that makes all the difference.

I wonder how they could have made such mistakes considering the car is not cheap and the brand has reputation as well. Though you've got a pretty good 'compensation' for their mistake. Now I'm getting more worry Sad

22-01-2013 02:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

More than 120,000 Evoques have made it correctly to their new owners, only a tiny number have been incorrectly supplied with options missing etc, I think you worry about nothing. If it happens there's not a lot you can do about it and, yes, it is disappointing but the chances of the wrong car being supplied are very very tiny

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-01-2013 06:09am
Jai

Just be more worried about the build quality! Go over every nook and cranny with a fine tooth comb!
25-01-2013 08:04am
EpicEvo

I'm about to leave to go view mine at 10am today for the first time!!! Wish me luck guys
25-01-2013 09:29am
doug

(25-01-2013 09:29am)EpicEvo Wrote:  I'm about to leave to go view mine at 10am today for the first time!!! Wish me luck guys

Good luck & enjoy your time at the dealers. With the frost this morning, your RRE should be under cover so you can have a good look at the paint finish

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
25-01-2013 09:37am
EpicEvo

Apparently I'm only going in to sign the finance docs and look over the car. I can't collect it till tomorrow afternoon Sad what a tease
25-01-2013 09:42am