Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any official technician from Land Rover here?
sciack

Hello,

Is there any proper technician writing on this forum? I need some help to troubleshoot few problems. I live in Thailand and I don't have any warranty from land rover since I have imported my car and didn't buy it fr land rover here...
23-04-2013 05:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Any official technician from Land Rover here?

To buy a Land Rover without a warranty seems like madness...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
02-05-2013 05:39am
scrannel

Why don't you run the issues by us anyway, maybe we could help with one or two?

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 03:44pm by scrannel.)
02-05-2013 03:44pm
sciack

Thanks for reply. I have tried already but I would need to talk with someone who repair evoque. Most of the users here simply goes to the dealer to fix things.

Anyway I have my tailgate not aligned and trying to figure it out how to fix it. I have downloaded from topix something about that and tomorrow we will try to fix it, but I am not sure if I need to purchase some defective parts or it is just a matter of adjusting what I already have...

Bad smell coming from recirculating system when on Auto. It seems now that LR is investigating this, i saw an on going investigation on topix about that.

Noisy steering wheel, or arm links, we have tried to fix it without success. We tried to lubricate all the bushes, tighten up all the bolts, but nothing, still having the problem.

Next time I will probably buy a Porsche :)
02-05-2013 04:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Surely you could take the car to a Land River dealer in Thailand and pay them to do the jobs properly?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-05-2013 05:47pm
sciack

It is not that simple. They don't want. I contacted the land rover customer care and ask to help me. They say they will try to contact the Thailand Land Rover and they let me know. But as far as I know they shouldn't accept my car... We will see...
03-05-2013 03:57am
XFullFatTim

So they don't want all the servicing and repair profits just because you chose to import the car............ That's really clever commercial thinking! Was it significantly cheaper to import the car or was the spec you wanted not available in Thailand?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-05-2013 09:01am
WB
WB

I'm sure the dealers make quite good money billing Land Rover for the time they take to rectify warranty issues. I'm sure its not the £150+ per hour we pay for servicing but must be profitable.
03-05-2013 12:37pm
sciack

Yes I have saved more than 10,000 euro buying a import car instead buying from the official Thailand dealer. The problem here seems to be that there is only one official dealer in all Thailand, so they probably are too busy with their cars, accepting also other cars will be hard. Anyway, after complaining about this with the customer care headquarter in UK, I managed to have them call Thailand and talked about my case, long story short, Thailand land rover called me and I have an appointment for next Tuesday. I will go and see what it will be the cost of having my car serviced by them...
03-05-2013 01:42pm
XFullFatTim

Great result, hope it all works out for you.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 01:53pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-05-2013 01:53pm