Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Ants' Evoque
ant

RE: Ants' Evoque

Went to the dealership yesterday (Wednesday), as I was bored and impatient. A transporter had been but only had 1 RRS for them.Sad
The dealership salesman thinks I'm stalking him!Shocked
Hopefully will get a call today to say it's arrived. A quick PDI & then I'll have it.Cool
AntVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 08:52am by ant.)
29-09-2011 08:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3VOQU3

lol Ant, next you'll be accidentally bumping into the salesman at his local supermarket.

Perhaps you could set up a tent and wait it out at the dealership..

ps.. Take your camera.. really want to see pics of a 5 dr Firenze Smile
29-09-2011 09:01am
ant

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Just had a call from Paul at the dealership - it's coming off the transporter now. He's having it put through the workshop for it's PDI straight away, and I'll have the handover at 4pm. Can't wait, so I'm heading up there asap. He's already taken some pics of it on the transporter which he'll email to me. I've cleared my camera memory, so will take lots when I get there. Weather is glorious, so Firenze should stand out like it's on fire!!!
Where's the button to post photos with a thread?
Got to run!
ANTLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingCool

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 01:42pm by ant.)
29-09-2011 01:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Don't forget to make sure the camera batteries are fully charged Ant! Good luck with the hand over

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-09-2011 02:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's almost 6pm, Ant must just have got passed the handover section on locking and unlocking the car ............... so he has the seat moving/ satnav operating, phone setting up, operation of the audio system and how to check the il level sections still to do!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-09-2011 06:01pm
DynamicRRV

Its now 6.05!!!

Where are you!!!!!!!!?????
Its now 6.05!!!

Where are you!!!!!!!!?????
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 06:05pm by DynamicRRV.)
29-09-2011 06:05pm
Ezandania

Hmmm the first Firenze in the forum eh mates?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
29-09-2011 06:11pm
DynamicRRV

(29-09-2011 06:11pm)Ezandania Wrote:  Hmmm the first Firenze in the forum eh mates?

Are you a Pirate??Laughing
29-09-2011 06:20pm
ant

OK it's almost 8pm and I've just got back home and opened a bottle of champers.
Handover went really well. Car was prepped for me and salesman went over lots of stuff with me.
I'm absolutely delighted with the car so far. Colour is great. Even the valeters prepping the car said "it was the best colour - not boring black, white, or grey like all the ones we've done so far." Their words not mine!!.
Done about 40 miles in it so far and it's faultless - pretty good for a Land Rover, eh Tim??
I've not got everything set up as I like yet, but it's dark now so I'll do more tomorrow.
I'll try and post pictures, but I don't think I've done it on this forum before, so bear with me.
Dealers photos will be on Range Rover Owners Club forum, so you might find some on there. I'll import them too.
Found a way to get rid of the volume change icon that apperaed every time you changed volume on TV, CD or Radio, which was really annoying - glad about that.
Chris has been watching TV on te move, wit me on SatNav screen - great. Got to work out outto have the radio on too while she has the headphones on.
Had a bottle of champagne from the dealer too.
Hopefuly will get a couple of LR Experience 1/2 days so can experience the Evoque offroad in Eastnor.
That's it for now. If anyone has any questions or pic requests, then let me know.
I'll try and post pics now.
Commiserations to those who have had their delivery delayed - (Daigriff!), but hang on in there - it will be worth it in the end.
ANT
Oh, btw, I got Pirelli Scorpions and not crappy continentals. Happy bunny.

(This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 08:14pm by ant.)
29-09-2011 08:02pm
Daigriff

(29-09-2011 08:02pm)ant Wrote:  Handover went really well. Car was prepped for me and salesman went over lots of stuff with me.
I'm absolutely delighted with the car so far.

Had a bottle of champagne from the dealer too.
Commiserations to those who have had their delivery delayed - (Daigriff!), but hang on in there - it will be worth it in the end.
ANT
Oh, btw, I got Pirelli Scorpions and not crappy continentals. Happy bunny.

Really chuffed for you Ant enjoyVery Happy Champers and Pirellis, I'll probaly get sweet FA and crapinentals...when I get the carCrying

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
29-09-2011 08:31pm