Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another satnav annoyance
olde

RE: Another satnav annoyance

Nav is my least favorite part of the vehicle, but we need specific explanations of how to fix it. Sorry to nag, but if you have any suggestions please add them to The List: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-2012-Soft...pdate-List

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
23-01-2012 04:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

I'm afraid I still don't see the point of your list as you don't appear to have any particularly special connections with LR. I could also simply write a letter to HQ if I wished.

Of course, if you wish to add things you read around the forum to your list, that's entirely up to you.
(This post was last modified: 23-01-2012 10:20am by dandavis1.)
23-01-2012 10:10am
GibEvoque

I think the point is if the suggestions from this forum was sent to LR on bulk, it would more likely to be listened to. It has already been pointed out that we have ~2000 members who have, going to, or considering spending on average £40k a pop, so the spending power of £80m is quite important to them, from this owners group.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
23-01-2012 10:30am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you think the onroad nav is annoying you should try the offroad maps, they tell you nothing at all. The option of installing one of the very good digital OS maps would be very handy and save me from having to use an iPad with Memory Map Navigator installed when I venture into the long grass or mud. Maybe by the time my DC100 is delivered LR will have got round to having a satnav with proper GPS mapping for offroad use.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-01-2012 12:16pm
olde

RE: The List

(23-01-2012 10:10am)dandavis1 Wrote:  ...I still don't see the point of The List...

I was asked by the Service Manager of my local Canadian dealer, to gather up a list of suggested improvements for the Evoque. He would then send this list to Land Rover HQ via internal email. Unfortunately, the Service Manager is now showing concern about being dragged into a larger communication than he perhaps anticipated.

Hence, I will update The List this weekend, and email it to Land Rover UK's PR department. The email will advise that The List was created within a 2,000-member forum, worth perhaps £80M in revenue to LandRover.

The email will politely ask Land Rover to reply with a post-able statement about whether our opinions are of value to them. If they ignore us, it surely wont look good on them. Our hope is that some of our suggestions may result in retro-active upgrades, especially the software suggestions.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 06:07am by olde.)
07-02-2012 06:06am