Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another Excuse for Delays!
Daigriff

RE: Another Excuse for Delays!

(21-10-2011 06:43pm)mywillia Wrote:  The eternal optimist in me tells me I'll get my car in January as promised by my dealer

If I don't then I will go into a state of severe depression from which I may never recoverBig Cry

The eternal optomist in me told me I'd get my car on 2nd November as promised by my deaker

I am now in a state of severe depressionSad which should now disappear on 14th DecemberWink

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
21-10-2011 09:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mk82

(21-10-2011 05:50pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  I spoke to my dealer today he said that the factory has now run out of the letters "R" for the bonnet, so I can have my car but it would say "ANGE OVE" LaughingLaughingLaughing

Better "R" then "E" -> RANG ROV R VOQU

LaughingLaughingLaughing

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
22-10-2011 07:17am
gw76

Hopefully no further delays for me, updated build date still 11th November ( delayed from 6th october) chassis number pending.
22-10-2011 01:31pm
J77

Was up LRE dunkeld today in the evoque, and it was fantastic. Instructor said that land rover had setup the line for 50% coupe production and 50% 5 door production but the 5 door is selling faster than the coupe, so it is taking longer to get all the orders for 5 doors completed but there is a surplus off coupes, apperantly it will take until January before it is setup to cope with the orders for the 5 doors.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
22-10-2011 06:30pm
The Valeter

My dealer told me today that they had a few come in up to 2 weeks early!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
22-10-2011 11:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

Got this message today from a lad on another none LR forum i use. Might shed a little light on things. I have probed for more info!

"Hey bud, working at the plant where they build these, i can tell you they have been having a few problems, they just werent ready for the number of orders they have recieved for the car and is in very high demand. They projected around 75,000 a year to sell, but are getting orders of more like 140,000, which is double of what they were prepared for. Its also down to some of the suppliers are having trouble with keeping up aswell.
Id hold tight, they do look stunning, specially in grey."
(24-10-2011 07:24pm)ED209 Wrote:  Got this message today from a lad on another none LR forum i use. Might shed a little light on things. I have probed for more info!

"Hey bud, working at the plant where they build these, i can tell you they have been having a few problems, they just werent ready for the number of orders they have recieved for the car and is in very high demand. They projected around 75,000 a year to sell, but are getting orders of more like 140,000, which is double of what they were prepared for. Its also down to some of the suppliers are having trouble with keeping up aswell.
Id hold tight, they do look stunning, specially in grey."

a further update (slightly edited so as not to reveal source)

"The accident what happened has it slowed ithings down a little bit, after HSE and all the rest investigated the accident and the tragic loss we were given the go ahead to carry on, but safety for workers are pretty high right now and no shortcuts will be tolerated..

There have been problems with the suppliers for dashboards,steering racks and the front grilles, only because of the number of orders, like the plant they were not ready for so many orders.

The problem with the sideframe you mentioned That die is being worked on round the clock to rectify the issue, its a very complex operation on trying to rectifying the problem. If one thing is changed, something somewhere is affected due to unpredictability of which way the steel will react/stretch/flow when pressed.
At the moment them side panels are hand finished so the company is losing alot of money on the labour work aswell, every sidepanel hand finished. As soon as that issue os fixed it will make a huge difference in production rate.

But the truth is, even with the above faults, if the orders were as projected around 70,000 there would have been no issues, but at 140,000 (double of what was projected) its a different ball game and IMO in my eyes the plant is doing pretty well at the rate they are making them in my eyes as a worker there. But as a running business i can also fully understand that it isnt good enough, and so the foremen tells us. "
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 08:12pm by ED209.)
24-10-2011 07:24pm
PhilSkill

Have no idea why I just checked, guess I'm bored waiting for my Evoque, but I see the Audi Q3 is delayed far more than Evoque's are... Reads far worse than the forum here did a few weeks ago!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-10-2011 10:04pm