Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parking lights
PhilSkill

Parking lights

I drove past a parked Audi A5 this evening and noticed only one back light was on, then as i passed noticed only one front side light was on and remembered parking lights. Strangely the nearside lights were the ones on not the offside.

So even though I've never used parking lights, can the Evoque be set with parking lights, and if so how? And which side comes on?

And no I can't be bothered to RTFM. Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-10-2011 09:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Parking lights

U can normally set them by parking and leaving the car with the indicator stick 'indicating' to the side you want parking lights

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
24-10-2011 09:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I thought all cars would revert to side lights when you leave the lights on and take the keys out, lock the car and walk away ignoring all the warning chimes? Just that some makers have a side to side (usually by operating the indicator) but not LR.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-10-2011 09:36pm
PhilSkill

Thanks Guys, Obvious really I guess, just a long long time since they've ever crossed my mind, and as you say Tim, the constant bing bing bing soon makes you turn lights off these days. I'd go and try it on my Mazda but it's raining!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-10-2011 09:48pm