Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An Evoque, Spotted in its Natural Habitat
Tony

RE: An Evoque, Spotted in its Natural Habitat

Well its costing LR sales!

Only this morning as we pulled up at the shops a guy walked over and said the all black Evoque looked fantastic pulling into the car park, looks like a miniture 'Batmobile', is it as good as it looks?. My reply "No, a big waste of money and we call it the Cr@pmobile". The following chat about the Evoques problems, rubbish dealers and lack of LR customer focus I think convinced him there were better options out there.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
15-10-2014 07:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Seeing as there is now a 16 week and lengthening lead in time for a factory order at the moment, as far as I can see LR are not bothered about customer service one iota, the cars are just driving out of the showrooms as fast as they can make them.

BTW last week a local worthy took delivery of an RRS2 in Chile Red to replace his 3 years old E Class Merc. Today I was parked behind it and was a bit surprised to see it was an SE, a model I thought had had a very short life and not available since March.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2014 08:59pm
Tony

(15-10-2014 08:59pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Seeing as there is now a 16 week and lengthening lead in time for a factory order at the moment, as far as I can see LR are not bothered about customer service one iota, the cars are just driving out of the showrooms as fast as they can make them.

BTW last week a local worthy took delivery of an RRS2 in Chile Red to replace his 3 years old E Class Merc. Today I was parked behind it and was a bit surprised to see it was an SE, a model I thought had had a very short life and not available since March.

I hope this will come back and bite LR on the @rse big time, history repeating itself, remember British Leyland and their appaling attitude to customers.

RRS2 SE, from what I was told early orders were honoured before they pulled the plug, we missed out by less than two weeks with an order because the useless salesman forgot to tell us.

As luck would have it I have just received a customer satisfaction survey from LR re: my last contact with them on the gearbox issues - will give it my fullest attention after a hearty breakfast tomorrow!!!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
15-10-2014 09:43pm
JavierBayArea

(15-10-2014 07:34pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You would prefer them not to say anything then?

No that's not what i mean, i'm just saying there's some context missing.

Yes evoques break down, what % of them is not really known.
16-10-2014 06:44pm
harry

towed 3 x timesEmbarrassed

16-10-2014 07:00pm
Tony

OK, we now have a gallery for tow aways.

Right, now who has the record, harry at 3 times? should we start a pole?

16-10-2014 07:05pm
Stadt Panzer

An Evoque, Spotted in its Natural Habitat

Have owned 2 Evoques and have covered approx 100,000 miles, never once have they broken down let alone towed away.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2014 09:07pm by Stadt Panzer.)
16-10-2014 09:06pm
Tony

(16-10-2014 09:06pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Have owned 2 Evoques and have covered approx 100,000 miles, never once have they broken down let alone towed away.

Congratulations, you have been lucky, some of us have not.

16-10-2014 09:10pm
Chrisr1806

My 2 LRs have been fault free, so it seems it's just a small percentage of cars that have problems.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
16-10-2014 09:38pm
J77

I must have been lucky, 6 LRs and only one ended up on the back of a truck, my D3. I've had a few niggles but nothing worth writing about, looking forward to No.7.

I have noticed a considerable lack in LRs interest in their customers over the years. I've paid my deposit and registered for email updates, LR have yet to tell me that the Disco Sport is launched. They have already cocked up the builder, some of the prices are wrong, style pack 1 should be £1100 on the builder it's now £1600 which is £175 over the price if ordered individually. It's a world apart from ordering the Evoque.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
16-10-2014 10:02pm