Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After-market Carbon Fibre Parts
Ballistical

Hi all,

I am after some information and advice from you so if you could spare a couple of minutes I would really appreciate it!

I am planning to set-up a small business manufacturing and selling aftermarket carbon fibre trim components for the luxury SUV market. This includes the Range Rover Evoque.

I have created a survey which can be found by following the link below. It contains just 10 questions and will only take a couple of minutes. I would really appreciate it if any of you would mind helping me out by answering the questions.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y3M79YH

Thanks again!

Alex
08-05-2012 09:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: After-market Carbon Fibre Parts

If you do set up making bits then it would be a good idea to clear thingswith the forum owner, Martin - aka Admin before you start putting ads up or links to ebay shops or websites

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-05-2012 03:52pm
Ballistical

Absolutely. Thank you all. I've had an overwelming response! Much appreciated!Very Happy
09-05-2012 09:17pm
Jai

Keen for front and rear dynamic diffusers Smile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
31-05-2012 04:09pm
kiralycs

Few points from my side. Working in Automotive industry especially in interieur I would suggest you check out few thing prior start to sell product, namely Liability.
How do you call and sell your items (after market, accessories etc.) can change your liablity if your product cause injury. If you consider, whatever you sell as replacement part has to perform on the same way as the original.
Like the Instr.Panel finisher (cross abov the mid trim finisher) is part of the IHI (Int. Head impact) zone means, during crash the occupant can hit it or during other parts deformation can get stress. If your Replacement part breaks - rather than the original which was tested against it - and cause injurey, you and/or your company is fully liable for it.
Same could be the case on bumpers in a pedestrian crash etc.
Again, I do not want to put you off just advise to take care on what way you market/sell/warn people about your product.
PS: even to say, "he bought it and knew the risk" will not necessarily save your ass as long as you did not make all necesary and expected steps to make your product as safe as possible.
In this case UK law is way nicer than US.
Please check out the regulation and talk with specialized lawer in the topic.
Sorry if you knew all of this things.

A friendly advisor
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 08:35pm by kiralycs.)
25-11-2012 08:01pm