Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternatives to OEM 19" tires?
fstfwd

Alternatives to OEM 19" tires?

I have a 2012 pure premium, with 235/55 r19 105V Continental Cross Contact UHP tires. They worn down incredibly fast, only 24k on them! Leasing the car and already have to replace them, meh.

First, I was surprised that these are not all season tires, and I'm also worried I'll get equal mileage on the next set. Does anyone have a good recommendation for alternatives in the same size?

The closest match I found was a Continental Cross Contact LX Sport, they are coming out with a 105V (currently that size is only a 101H) which will hopefully handle we,,. Some reviews on the current models have been encouraging - but somewhat mixed. The Pirelli Verde all season got pretty low scores...

I appreciate the suggestions, need to order this week if possible.

2012 Range Rover Evoque
Santorini Black / Ebony
Pure Premium / Illuminated Tread Plates / Luggage Bar
23-12-2014 06:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doody

RE: Alternatives to OEM 19" tires?

will watch this thread myself. when my snows come off in march i'll need a new summer or all-season set.

was leaning towards the scorpions (pirellis have never let me down before), but hadn't really done my research yet.

doody.

2012 Prestige Premium
23-12-2014 03:20pm
fstfwd

For reference, here are some of the ones I was considering...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...ab=Reviews

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...t+LX+Sport

2012 Range Rover Evoque
Santorini Black / Ebony
23-12-2014 03:54pm
fstfwd

After much deliberation (and the need to just decided already), I went with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus A/S tire, in the 235/55R19 105V spec. Bang for the buck (at $185/ea) I think they will be a great alternative to the overpriced Continentals, that wore down incredibly fast, plus these come with a 65k mile tread warranty! That's pretty amazing, and hopefully that doesn't translate into a sacrifice in traction.

I have 30 days to put them through their paces – hoping to get a little light snow to try them out in the next few weeks.

2012 Range Rover Evoque
Santorini Black / Ebony
23-12-2014 04:59pm
bee

(23-12-2014 04:59pm)fstfwd Wrote:  After much deliberation (and the need to just decided already), I went with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus A/S tire, in the 235/55R19 105V spec. Bang for the buck (at $185/ea) I think they will be a great alternative to the overpriced Continentals, that wore down incredibly fast, plus these come with a 65k mile tread warranty! That's pretty amazing, and hopefully that doesn't translate into a sacrifice in traction.

I have 30 days to put them through their paces – hoping to get a little light snow to try them out in the next few weeks.
I think you will bee happy with them, and they will do good mileage. Cool

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
23-12-2014 09:19pm
PhilSkill

I've run mine on both 19" Continental Cross Contact and Pirelli Scorpion Verde, and prefer the Pirelli's, better handling and less boom noise, neither wore quick though.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-12-2014 11:06pm