Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All modifications now complete
BFGEvoqueMan

All modifications now complete

I know it has been 5 months now since I got my car today having given it a good polish, and with the weather on my side and summer tyres now on, here are some photographs of my car.

Have attached them using word as it means I can compress the photo. Doc 1 is exterior, and doc 2 is interior and a couple of the witter towbar, now it is all properly done.

The mods are:

Remove Range Rover bonnet badging
Remove Landrover, Evoque badge on tailgate
Replace Grey Range Rover Badging with black (£35)
Repaint grille, side fender blades and tailgate strip in gloss black (€130)
Replaced drivers windscreen wiper arm with a passenger side one (£30) and adjusted the passenger one down. Both are now hidden in the car and IMHO the drivers one now looks 1000% better (or could that be the OCD??).

Happy to take any comments or critism, but either way it don't look too shabby for PureLaughing

Attached File(s)
.docx  BabyRR pics - 2.docx (Size: 415.42 KB / Downloads: 546)
.docx  BabyRR pics - 1.docx (Size: 554.24 KB / Downloads: 469)

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 05:01pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
02-07-2012 02:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: All modifications now complete

Looks brill, I'm also changing my grill and fenders to gloss black............

How does the tailgate strip come off then?

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 06:08pm by Griff449.)
02-07-2012 06:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westy

Car looks great thanks for your help in the pastVery Happy

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
02-07-2012 07:14pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(02-07-2012 06:06pm)Griff449 Wrote:  Looks brill, I'm also changing my grill and fenders to gloss black............

How does the tailgate strip come off then?

Thanks for the comment, its all about subtlety.

There are two plustic lugs either side of a line outside of the number plate and three in the middle. I started by using a flat knife and inserting behind the trim from the outside where it joins the light cluster. Having released the two clips on one side I repeated on the other. The middle ones needed a bit of force, but I got them in the end. I reckon with the correct removal tool it would be easy. Its then just a question of unclipping the two lights, electric boot release and rear view camera. As all good manuals say, refit is the reverse of removal.

(02-07-2012 07:14pm)Westy Wrote:  Car looks great thanks for your help in the pastVery Happy

Westy, no problems it's what the forum is for. I know you posted some photos a while back of yours, could you repost or link from here a couple of outside pictures of yours, just by way of a before and after, as I never took the time to take any photos before I got spraying etc?

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 07:51pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
02-07-2012 07:46pm
WB
WB

Looking good!

The windscreen wiper arm mod is very interesting - any chance you took any before and after pics?
02-07-2012 08:11pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(02-07-2012 08:11pm)WB Wrote:  Looking good!

The windscreen wiper arm mod is very interesting - any chance you took any before and after pics?

Best photos I have are these (wife has car today so can't give you a good after picture). If you zoom in on the 2nd photo then you should (not) see the differance.

In terms of doing the job then open the bonnet and just prize off the rubber cover over the nut and undo (15mm I think) and then wiggle the wiper arm off. Reset the wiper where you want and then re-tighten. The passenger blade is about 2 cm lower than before and the drivers one sits about 5mm above the passenger one. The swept area on the drivers side is affected a little, in that the wiper stops about 2cm from the pillar when vertical and the arc at the bottom is about 1cm higher.

I will post a photo of the finished job when I next get the car! The reason I did this was that the drivers wiper arm just looked some after thought to me, as these days manufacturers are doing their best to hide them away and the original one jsut looked slapped on.

Attached File(s)
.docx  Before and After.docx (Size: 209.7 KB / Downloads: 148)

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 07:11am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
03-07-2012 07:05am
Evoque U

The wiper modification looks fantastic

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
03-07-2012 10:05am
J77

Should have went the whole hog and took the rear lettering off. Looks good though, not something I would do but looks good none the less. Simple but stylish.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 02:26pm by J77.)
03-07-2012 02:23pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(03-07-2012 02:23pm)J77 Wrote:  Should have went the whole hog and took the rear lettering off. Looks good though, not something I would do but looks good none the less. Simple but stylish.

Thanks; I photo-shopped that but it just looked too plain. I removed the LR badge as IMHO it just looked cheap, especially as my last FL2 had a lovely Green glossy badge so took it off. Happy with leaving just the Evoque badge as mine is black (Pure) but after a couple of weeks it just looked too im-balenced, and lets face it everyone knows its an Evoque. Sometimes I do think about replacing the front RR with a black version as the front bonnet edge is quite deep but on balence prefer the cleaner look. I still have all the rear badging so can replace before sale.

(03-07-2012 10:05am)Evoque U Wrote:  The wiper modification looks fantastic

Thanks, blame it on the OCD!

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 04:18pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
03-07-2012 04:17pm
TiTan

Purely personal taste, but not a fan of the letter-less front - looks slightly more downmarket IMO. Each to their own of course.
04-07-2012 09:28am