Bill

RE: All modifications now complete

+1 for the wiper mod
04-07-2012 02:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westy

The wiper mod looks great

It looks so obvious when you step back and look at it. Well done.

This is not OCD this is perfectionism. Will be better in a cold winter too, car looks great now with your summer wheels. Very HappyVery Happy

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
06-07-2012 10:15am
BFGEvoqueMan

(06-07-2012 10:15am)Westy Wrote:  The wiper mod looks great

It looks so obvious when you step back and look at it. Well done.

This is not OCD this is perfectionism. Will be better in a cold winter too, car looks great now with your summer wheels. Very HappyVery Happy

Thanks for the nice comment. I got the part through Dan at Duckworths (was about £30) and just moved the blade accross. The original was just driving me made with un-integrated it looked (strange as all other JLR products look as they have thought about it).

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-07-2012 04:36pm
SINGHY

Looks great, I'm also considering painting/wrapping in black the grill, side vents, waist rail and mirrors but also black lettering and have been quoted £350 all in. I think black lettering on your bonnet would break the white up nicely.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
08-07-2012 05:41pm
Evo-king

BFGEvoqueMan

Your pics are in a text file, can't view them on my mac.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-07-2012 06:03pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(08-07-2012 05:41pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Looks great, I'm also considering painting/wrapping in black the grill, side vents, waist rail and mirrors but also black lettering and have been quoted £350 all in. I think black lettering on your bonnet would break the white up nicely.

Sounds a reasonably good price. Yeah, somedays I think I will put the letters back on the bonnet but then from certain angles think it looks better without.

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
08-07-2012 08:06pm
WB
WB

(03-07-2012 07:05am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Best photos I have are these (wife has car today so can't give you a good after picture). If you zoom in on the 2nd photo then you should (not) see the differance.

In terms of doing the job then open the bonnet and just prize off the rubber cover over the nut and undo (15mm I think) and then wiggle the wiper arm off. Reset the wiper where you want and then re-tighten. The passenger blade is about 2 cm lower than before and the drivers one sits about 5mm above the passenger one. The swept area on the drivers side is affected a little, in that the wiper stops about 2cm from the pillar when vertical and the arc at the bottom is about 1cm higher.

I will post a photo of the finished job when I next get the car! The reason I did this was that the drivers wiper arm just looked some after thought to me, as these days manufacturers are doing their best to hide them away and the original one jsut looked slapped on.

Looks great - I hope LR take note!
08-07-2012 09:44pm
cjfp

How does this mod work/tie in with people's issues here -

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Windscree...-paintwork

as surely lowering them will only make this problem worse.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-07-2012 09:47pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(08-07-2012 09:47pm)cjfp Wrote:  How does this mod work/tie in with people's issues here -

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Windscree...-paintwork

as surely lowering them will only make this problem worse.

There is enough space to lift the wipers and run a chamois/sponge under them. If you want to lift them clear then you need to switch off the ignition as the wipers are above 45 degrees, as previously (as is the case with my merc SLK and many other cars these days).

09-07-2012 10:36am