Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
All Threads about Delays merged into one
Blackseries

RE: How long is too long?

(12-10-2011 04:52pm)bwaadass Wrote:  Rest assured, this is in nobodies best interest so a lot of people will be working very hard to solve the issues!

Very well put bwaadass

... as someone who doesn't make something material for a living I find it difficult to criticise those that do .... but one thing I do know is that nobody will be going home early at JLR whilst these problems persist. I had a look on Charlie’s "who makes what list" but unfortunately the Xenon light manufacturer wasn't listed but maybe they come from Thailand or Japan .... almost certainly there will be a only a single source of supply and if there is a problem there almost certainly won't be a backup supplier. All I do know is that I would rather wait a few weeks and get a car of top quality than get it now and have second rate components. And certainly if the 5 door issue is to do with the industrial accident that happened the other week then our waiting for a car is nothing compared to what those close to the man in question are going through. Yes in an ideal world JLR coms could be better but as bwaadass says (and it makes sense) the relationship with suppliers would go down the pan if every time the car was delayed JLR blamed the supplier.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
12-10-2011 06:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: How long is too long?

Blackseries said......."And certainly if the 5 door issue is to do with the industrial accident that happened the other week then our waiting for a car is nothing compared to what those close to the man in question are going through".

Absolutely on the button mate!
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 07:01pm by DynamicRRV.)
12-10-2011 07:01pm
PhilSkill

RE: Another Delay?

(12-10-2011 06:57pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Looks like everyone's having a 5 to 6 week delay. In a perverse way it makes me feel better as At first I thought it was just a couple of us who had delays. Unjust worry that the build will be put back further.

Ironically it's this week last year I paid my depoIt!!!!!!

know what you mean Daigriff, Sorry for everyone being delayed, but at least if we're all in the same boat... It's frustrating vehicles are going to private dealers to rip people off, (sorry provide supply for the impatient), rather than joe public customers, but guess that's capitalism... no different to concert tickets these days.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-10-2011 08:42pm
kevoque

Was told from the dealer today that they are heading down to factory for meeting tomorrow regarding delays as this is effecting all they say the factory is in a mess and at a near standstill due to parts and problems doors zenons so they will call myself on friday morning with confirmed dates of the arrival of the 2 evoques we have ordered and will keep updated if I hear anything !!
Kev
12-10-2011 08:51pm
cjfp

Maybe they can take the Xenons from a 5Dr and put them in my Coupe and get it to me by end next week?! - wishful thinking. How about an open day - turn up and build-your-own!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-10-2011 09:17pm
doug

(12-10-2011 09:17pm)cjfp Wrote:  Maybe they can take the Xenons from a 5Dr and put them in my Coupe and get it to me by end next week?! - wishful thinking. How about an open day - turn up and build-your-own!

There's a idea, order all parts needed to build your own "kit Evoque car" from Duckworths. Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
12-10-2011 10:13pm
gw76

No- dont get any ideas about taking any xenons out of my 5 door
More inconsitencies, I was told the meeting with dealers and LR was next Wednesday !
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 10:19pm by gw76.)
12-10-2011 10:17pm
Acwats

moderators, we need a new section for swapping

anybody want a panoramic roof for a set of xenons and 2 x side trim.

Edited to remove reference to doors. Not meant to offend and I'm conscious that the accident might be having an impact which puts a delay into context. Deepest condolonces to friends and family

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 10:40pm by Acwats.)
12-10-2011 10:21pm
PhilSkill

(12-10-2011 08:51pm)kevoque Wrote:  Was told from the dealer today that they are heading down to factory for meeting tomorrow regarding delays as this is effecting all they say the factory is in a mess and at a near standstill due to parts and problems doors zenons so they will call myself on friday morning with confirmed dates of the arrival of the 2 evoques we have ordered and will keep updated if I hear anything !!
Kev

I wouldn't be surprised if that accident has had a larger impact on the production than made out, the Police and Health and safety Exec will be investigating and part of the factory would likely be cordorned off for the length of the investigation at least until deemed safe... I think LR need to get a press release out and inform it's customers of the reasons as speculation will likely grow as more and more customers get affected and it'll get into the press eventually anyway.

previous story

BBC-Liverpool

I feel for the family and workers...
(12-10-2011 09:17pm)cjfp Wrote:  Maybe they can take the Xenons from a 5Dr and put them in my Coupe and get it to me by end next week?! - wishful thinking. How about an open day - turn up and build-your-own!

Hand off my Xenons! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 10:25pm by PhilSkill.)
12-10-2011 10:24pm
The Valeter

(12-10-2011 10:21pm)Acwats Wrote:  moderators, we need a new section for swapping

anybody want to swap 2 rear doors for a panoramic roof?

Or 2 x side trim for a nearside xenon

Multicoloured Evoque Swap Shop!!.

I told my dealer I want on March the 1st & f it is delayed that will be the end of that order-simples! I Won't buy any other make & defo not an X3 as I buy British and just won't buy at all!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 10:53pm by The Valeter.)
12-10-2011 10:43pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply