Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York

The new RRS has a longer wheelbase than the new FFRR (OK so it's only 1mm!) but they have succeeded in keeping the profile remarkably similar to the old RRS, the longer wheelbase and longer rear doors help address two criticisms of the old car - difficult to access the rear seats and no possibility of the 7 seater option. I think the design team has done a very good job in that respect. The jury is still out on the front. rear views but to me there is nothing offensive
about it, it's just different. Fortunately my £1000 expression of interest payment is still in the dealership bank account which gives me the option to change my mind about getting it paid back! It's still bigger than I need but by going for the "Dynamic" option I could sell my Defender and the Evoque and reduce to a single offroad capable vehicle. My Def isn't being used at all now for what it was purchased for, all the offroading I do could be achieved in a D4 or an RRS.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-03-2013 10:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

I wish I could have your Defender Tim! The sport looks very nice but way out of my price range.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
01-04-2013 05:44am
DaveR

Re: All-New Range Rover Sport to be Revealed in New York

I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh and the design is growing on me all the time, Just wish it wasn't so expensive to get a similar spec to my Evoque.
01-04-2013 12:40pm
ChuckieB

UK debut to be at the Royal Windsor Horseshow, 8-12 May according to the e-mail I have just received.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
30-04-2013 05:03pm
Evo-king

Not that I'm jealous, but no doubt our lady ambassador will be driving one of these then, instead of a RRE.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-04-2013 08:30pm
XFullFatTim

I doubt it, she's had nothing to do with RRS - I also believe LR has learned a lesson from making public that they had involved her in the special edition as they got a load of negative comments from RR and LR owners

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-05-2013 12:19am
Evo-king

Sorry Tim I was referring to Zara.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-05-2013 09:20pm
XFullFatTim

You meant Royalty instead of royalty!

02-05-2013 09:48am