Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Aftermarket or oem video/ tv module
claudio_z4

RE: Aftermarket or oem video/ tv module

Dear all,
after a long time spent grabbing information from this forum (thanks) I would like to give my contribution.
In our Italian forum one guy tried with success the Stagemotion solution which fully integrates with the Evoque touch screen. Here you can find the result (satnav+tv+video player+AV input and in the future Internet navigation and other).
I do not feel the need to add any equipment to my RRE but I do believe this solution gives you the option to add what you are looking for at a reasonable price:

18-04-2012 03:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Broadsword1959

(18-04-2012 03:07pm)claudio_z4 Wrote:  Dear all,
after a long time spent grabbing information from this forum (thanks) I would like to give my contribution.
In our Italian forum one guy tried with success the Stagemotion solution which fully integrates with the Evoque touch screen. Here you can find the result (satnav+tv+video player+AV input and in the future Internet navigation and other).
I do not feel the need to add any equipment to my RRE but I do believe this solution gives you the option to add what you are looking for at a reasonable price:

Looks superb.
Went onto their website but all in Italian - no translation options.

Claudio, I would message them and see if an English version can be put up on their site - I suspect they will get a lot of interest!

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
18-04-2012 03:31pm
snksnk

I contacted them twice with no reply from them what so ever.. Totally unprofessional.. My question was simple.. If that comes with engish menu/ settings as well..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
18-04-2012 05:21pm
claudio_z4

(18-04-2012 05:21pm)snksnk Wrote:  I contacted them twice with no reply from them what so ever.. Totally unprofessional.. My question was simple.. If that comes with engish menu/ settings as well..

Hi, it is a Spanish company, not Italian. According to the Italian guy who installaed the interface on his Evoque they are very professional, they replied to more than 100 e-mails sent from him and they also gave him real-time support via Skype when he brought the car to the LR dealer for the interface installation!
May be it is just a matter of time. Be patient for oìne day Smile
Is this the url you visted? If the interface is available in Italian i'm 100% sure it will aso be available in English Smile
http://www.stagemotion.com/index.php?opt...1&Itemid=1
18-04-2012 06:49pm
snksnk

(18-04-2012 06:49pm)claudio_z4 Wrote:  Hi, it is a Spanish company, not Italian. According to the Italian guy who installaed the interface on his Evoque they are very professional, they replied to more than 100 e-mails sent from him and they also gave him real-time support via Skype when he brought the car to the LR dealer for the interface installation!
May be it is just a matter of time. Be patient for oìne day Smile
Is this the url you visted? If the interface is available in Italian i'm 100% sure it will aso be available in English Smile
http://www.stagemotion.com/index.php?opt...1&Itemid=1

Lets hope so.. Will there be a self installation guide?
18-04-2012 07:23pm
snksnk

After a third email sent to them yesterday, I still got no reply.. I dont get it.. I sent twice from their inquiry in their webpage and once directly to info@stagemotion.com for info about shipping and some details about which product should i buy. I starting to wonder if they understand english!

20-04-2012 11:19am
vcanals

I recommend you contact the makers - Crosswire - http://www.crosswire.com.br/ and ask them if they have a distributor in UK.
For your info, the "kit" is not a DIY thing, as the RRE display must be removed and work on the back side of it to connect all the wiring etc. The interface is "plug and play", in the way they do not have to cut any cable, but connect the new interface to the existing wiring. Anyway it is recommended an installer does the job. An antenna must be installed, for TV and GPS reception, and also they require some space available to install electronic boxes, normally under passenger seat or glovebox. The final result is that you control everything from the original screen and buttons, language can be selected with no problem, but according to one spanish RRE forum member that had it installed on his Evoque, the screen definition is not as good as expected, and the GPS reception, depending on where the antenna is installed is not so good... About the price, this forum member had the GPS + rear camera, and he paid 1.120 eur, vat included. I´ve also read he had some little issues with the rear camera view.
As a recomendation, ask Crosswire if they have a dealer or a distributor in UK and ask for a demonstration. If you find it acceptable, go ahead, because the price is not really cheap

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 07:59pm by vcanals.)
20-04-2012 07:48pm
snksnk

(20-04-2012 07:48pm)vcanals Wrote:  I recommend you contact the makers - Crosswire - http://www.crosswire.com.br/ and ask them if they have a distributor in UK.
For your info, the "kit" is not a DIY thing, as the RRE display must be removed and work on the back side of it to connect all the wiring etc. The interface is "plug and play", in the way they do not have to cut any cable, but connect the new interface to the existing wiring. Anyway it is recommended an installer does the job. An antenna must be installed, for TV and GPS reception, and also they require some space available to install electronic boxes, normally under passenger seat or glovebox. The final result is that you control everything from the original screen and buttons, language can be selected with no problem, but according to one spanish RRE forum member that had it installed on his Evoque, the screen definition is not as good as expected, and the GPS reception, depending on where the antenna is installed is not so good... About the price, this forum member had the GPS + rear camera, and he paid 1.120 eur, vat included. I´ve also read he had some little issues with the rear camera view.
As a recomendation, ask Crosswire if they have a dealer or a distributor in UK and ask for a demonstration. If you find it acceptable, go ahead, because the price is not really cheap

Thanks.. I already have the surounding camera system so i only need the tv and sat nav modules.. Thanks for the info.. I' ll let you know what happens..

20-04-2012 08:42pm