Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat?
KPNuts

Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat?

Has anyone found a company doing an aftermarket carpet (or ideally reversible carpet/rubber) loadspace mat? Don't like the LR rubber one, but do want to protect carpet.

One supplier has said they will be doing them once they have made a template. As templates are apparently not available, they have suggested coming over to us (as they are only 15 miles away) to take measurements. If we let them do this, I will remember to tell them that they will also need a version for the loadspace rails.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
03-01-2012 07:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat?

As a matter of interest, why don't you like the LR one?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
04-01-2012 06:45am
Alex

(03-01-2012 07:28pm)KPNuts Wrote:  I will remember to tell them that they will also need a version for the loadspace rails.

That would be good, can't believe LR do not offer this already, perhaps it's not economical based on the number of people that are predicted to chose the rails. However we have and I have the dilemma of trying to figure out how to get a loadspace protector with my rails. I was thinking of getting the rubber matt and cutting it to shape but that approach is fairly expensive.

It would also be good if they designed a loadspace protector that also allowed easy access to the hidden storage space.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
04-01-2012 08:24am
mark_n

Alex, see here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Luggage-R...-Protector for what I did.

The load space protector has the advantage of containing spills which one providing access to the rails and under floor storage would not. Since I have the spare wheel, that extra space is not available to me anyway.

There is sadly no universal solution but what I have works well in practice.

Mark

04-01-2012 08:34am
Alex

(04-01-2012 08:34am)mark_n Wrote:  Alex, see here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Luggage-R...-Protector for what I did.

The load space protector has the advantage of containing spills which one providing access to the rails and under floor storage would not. Since I have the spare wheel, that extra space is not available to me anyway.

There is sadly no universal solution but what I have works well in practice.

Mark - thanks and I have ordered the rubber matt and will do as you suggested. With the matt cutt as suggested assume I can just lift the matt fairly easy from the front to get the hidden storage compartments.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
04-01-2012 08:08pm
mark_n

Yes, you can just lift the mat up to get underneath it - it's a reasonably heavy item which will stay in place without any fixing.

Mark

05-01-2012 12:56am
KPNuts

(04-01-2012 06:45am)mark_n Wrote:  As a matter of interest, why don't you like the LR one?
I don't want a rubber mat, I want carpet.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
05-01-2012 12:39pm