Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aftermarket Trackers
chrisjako

Aftermarket Trackers

What aftermarket trackers are people using?

Last time I installed one on an Impreza was back in 2002 where it was £300 for the instal land £100 pa subscription

Market seems to have changed a lot since then

I'm after something I can hardware in
07-02-2016 10:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nick1340

RE: Aftermarket Trackers

Hi, you can pick up trackers sub free nowadays.
£60 to £90 from companies with sim or as little as £20-£30 off ebay and you wire in yourself.

Even the cheap ones work well through mobile. Tell you if vehicle has moved over 100m from it's location and allow you to kill the engine via wiring to fuel pump.
21-05-2016 07:06pm
Donny Dog

(07-02-2016 10:10am)chrisjako Wrote:  What aftermarket trackers are people using?

Last time I installed one on an Impreza was back in 2002 where it was £300 for the instal land £100 pa subscription

Market seems to have changed a lot since then

I'm after something I can hardware in

At least one insurer has now made it compulsory to have one. Due to Aviva hiking up the renewal price of our two-car policy, we shopped around and found Churchill the best option for price. However, after spending ages giving them all the details, the very last question was to ask what tracker the Evoque has (a question not even asked in relation to my SL500, even though ironically it does have one). As a result of the Evoque not having one, they declined to insure it. Apparently this has been their policy for the last 18 months due to frequent thefts.
21-05-2016 08:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had a Trakker tracker on my first Evoque, I had had the same one on the FFRR that I owned before the Evoque. IIRC Trakker is part of the TrafficMaster group. In both cases the trackers were fitted before the car was delivered and in the case of the FFRR the subscription only covered the period that the dealer had it as demo/ courtesy car and expired during the first 6 months of my ownership. After an attempt to steal the car I re-activated the tracker and paid £360 for lifetime cover. It turned out when I informed Trakker that I had sold the car that the subscription was not transferable to the next owner............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2016 09:24am by XFullFatTim.)
22-05-2016 09:23am