Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
After Sales Fit
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: After Sales Fit

I think, seeing as it appears that you have accepted the car in it's incomplete / not as ordered state then you may have weakened your case considerably - unless you have it in writing that the dealer accepts that your car was not delivered in the spec that was ordered. In effect by driving it out of the showroom you have accepted it in it's incomplete state/ Hard as it might have been to have left the car on the dealers forecourt, that would have been your strongest hand.
If you have any finance on the car then contact the lender as they can also put considerable leverage on the dealership to rectify supplying the wrong, not as specified, car - especially if the loan covers the price of the extra equipment and you didn't pay for that yourself.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-06-2012 02:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TiTan

Is that a dealer badge on the actual bodywork?!

I remove the annoying stickers everyone insists on putting on the glass, but on the paint is outrageous.
28-06-2012 02:26pm
IvorRedOne

(28-06-2012 11:18am)xxxx5 Wrote:  Totally agree, also consider getting "What Car " involved to fight you case.

Guys thank you so much for your input. It is appreciated. If you were to read the letter of complaint you would go mental. This isn't the only thing that happened.

I think I can attach a word document as an attachment but have to give LR and Dealership a chance to put this one right.

Local area Newspaper are interested but wont release all the details until I give the go ahead.

Thanks Again for your support.
28-06-2012 02:28pm
WB
WB

(28-06-2012 02:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I think, seeing as it appears that you have accepted the car in it's incomplete / not as ordered state then you may have weakened your case considerably - unless you have it in writing that the dealer accepts that your car was not delivered in the spec that was ordered. In effect by driving it out of the showroom you have accepted it in it's incomplete state/ Hard as it might have been to have left the car on the dealers forecourt, that would have been your strongest hand.
If you have any finance on the car then contact the lender as they can also put considerable leverage on the dealership to rectify supplying the wrong, not as specified, car - especially if the loan covers the price of the extra equipment and you didn't pay for that yourself.

As LR are investigating how the car got built without the style pack I'd say he's got quite a strong case regardless of having taken delivery.
28-06-2012 03:47pm
David Cameron

I've heard of a garage in York that did this, but accepted it was their mistake. They let the customer use the new car until a new order was delivered, then simply swapped over. The garage didn't exactly loose anything on the deal as they sold it pretty much close to RRP shortly afterwards.
28-06-2012 09:15pm