Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!
PhilSkill

RE: After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!

3,4,5,6 sound like issues that should be considered, 7 (mats) has been a bone of contention for many including myself. the rest sound normal, the fibres in the seat should clear after some use...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-07-2012 01:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Muddywheels

I am looking at the evoque to replace my Censored 2010 RRS and hoped things would be better over hereShocked

Prior to the RRS I had 6 superb LR's during the previous 10 years so was hoping my current experience was a fluke http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post351347.html#351347Rolling Eyes

This sort of thing shouldn't happen on a luxury brandEvil

Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!
22-07-2012 08:58am
MrHooky

Re: After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!

Our passenger side black gloss trim around the windscreen is a bit squeaky. Means when driving above 40 there is a horrible squeaky clicky noise inside the car. For all those thinking they have rattly air vents check the gloss trim.

Out boot also doesn't ever close without a firm shove although not too fussed.

Car going in on Tues to sort a gearbox 1st/reverse occasional grinding noise and above trim squeak.

Annoyed such problems on a premium car but then our last car (Audi A5) wasn't without its issues....

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 10:05am by MrHooky.)
22-07-2012 10:05am
WB
WB

Just heard back from LPR and Land Rover with the following updates :

1. Boot lid - mis-aligned and causing rubbing on the internal window surround and the parcel shelf. Closing the boot is becoming increasingly hit and miss - this is the biggest issue.

They have made an adjustment and it's better but not quite aligned so this will be looked at again when the car goes back in.

2. Bonnet - mis-aligned - gap on the driver side above wheel arch is about twice as big as it is on the left. From the front the bonnet looks lop-sided. Mainly cosmetic but seems to be getting worse.

Rectified by adjusting the stoppers.

3. Drivers seat base - leather texture/grain is rougher/ridged on one side - my wife says it looks like the cow had cellulite!

Seat base leather and pad will be replaced under warranty.

4. Both front and rear passenger door panels have an area where the fabric wasn't glued down correctly.

Both front and rear passenger door cards to be replaced under warranty.

5. Drivers side door arm rest has a loose stitch.

Drivers door card to be replaced under warranty.

6. Rear light cluster appears to be losing the backing black paint in two areas.

Rear light cluster to be replaced under warranty

The parts have all been ordered and I'm expecting a phone call once they're in to book the car back in. Great service from Rob at LPR's service department and LR have responded quickly and agreed to remedy all the issues.

While it would have been great if they'd been picked up at the factory or PDI at least its good news that they're being addressed efficiently under warranty.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 12:27pm by WB.)
30-07-2012 12:23pm
Big G

(30-05-2012 09:22am)doug Wrote:  WB,
I've got the same problem on my rear light unit. Did think it was a build up of wax behind the plastic, but now I'm concerned. Off for a closer look, will report back later.
+1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
30-07-2012 01:48pm
WB
WB

(30-07-2012 01:48pm)Big G Wrote:  +1

Service manager said it was "de-laminating" and they're replacing the whole light cluster. I've only noticed it on the driver side. If you have the same issue I'd suggest getting your dealer to look at it.
30-07-2012 02:42pm
Big G

(30-07-2012 02:42pm)WB Wrote:  Service manager said it was "de-laminating" and they're replacing the whole light cluster. I've only noticed it on the driver side. If you have the same issue I'd suggest getting your dealer to look at it.

Will do thanks - was going to go back and get a rattle sorted while I'm at it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 05:27pm by Big G.)
30-07-2012 05:27pm
WB
WB

Update:

Car went in yesterday to LPR and I just heard from the service department that two of the replacement parts are worse than the original ones.

The rear passenger side door card has a bulge in the handle and the drivers seat base leather had a worse finish than the one being replaced. The drivers seat base was re-ordered and the second one came in with a pen mark on it!

So another day in with LPR and the annoying thing is that it will have to go back to have the passenger door card fitted as that was a long lead time part.

Have to say LPR have been great but its a real shame that the brand new parts coming from LR are so hit and miss.

I had also spotted that my driver side headlight washer jet had rubbed away some of the paint at the top and pointed that out so that is going to be replaced on the next visit too.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 12:49pm by WB.)
30-08-2012 12:48pm
Evo-king

It's not just LR who have these kind of problems. My last car a MB 320CDi, had a problem with the rear passenger door lock failure.

It went in three times for remedial work (supply part issues) before everything was back to normal.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-08-2012 09:04pm
ojonesyo

Well done to WB for seemingly tackling the issues in a calm and matter of fact way.....and it seems to have encouraged a helpful response from the dealer. Perhaps that approach is a good lesson for us all to learn. Thanks to the pictures WB posted, it is easy to see the genuine shortcomings and poor materials/assembly. BTW....was that bonnet made out of steel or Plasticene! I shall try to use the same approach when I sort my [very minor] niggles in a few months. Looking at other postings on this site, a few complaint approaches are very OTT, aggressive and seem to lead to a stand-off where the customer ultimately fails to get any satisfactory solution. Perhaps a dealer senses that they are never going to satisfy a certain type of customer and gives up on them?

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
30-08-2012 09:33pm