Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!
WB
WB

After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!

So I've been compiling a list of issues which my car has had since new - mostly minor but a couple seem to be getting worse so I've booked it in at LPR for week after next.

Just hoping the experience is better than the last time I used a main dealer which was a couple of years ago at BMW and Mercedes.

So.... here is my list:

1. Boot lid - mis-aligned and causing rubbing on the internal window surround and the parcel shelf. Closing the boot is becoming increasingly hit and miss - this is the biggest issue.

2. Bonnet - mis-aligned - gap on the driver side above wheel arch is about twice as big as it is on the left. From the front the bonnet looks lop-sided. Mainly cosmetic but seems to be getting worse.

3. Drivers seat base - leather texture/grain is rougher/ridged on one side - my wife says it looks like the cow had cellulite!

4. Both front and rear passenger door panels have an area where the fabric wasn't glued down correctly.

5. Drivers side door arm rest has a loose stitch.

6. Rear light cluster appears to be losing the backing black paint in two areas.

I've attached some photos (please excuse the dirty car!)...

more pics...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 10:57pm by WB.)
29-05-2012 10:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

RE: After 6 months of ownership its time to get the niggles sorted out!

I can see your frustration, especially on a new car!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
30-05-2012 02:25am
chiggy

Don't get me started on the niggles and issues.

I'm not sure at what point LR actually replace the vehicle for a new one.

My car has been in to get things fixed 4 times in the 4 months I've owned it and its going in again next month to get parts replaced. I'm so sick and tired of it and every other week there's a new thing that pops up.

My question is, at what point do LR decide ok this vehicle needs to be replaced? cause everything is just falling apart and I would hate to imagine how long it will be till I get to a point where the car actually won't have any issues... because at the rate I'm going there will be something new next month.. and the month after.. and the month after. And then when the 3 year warranty runs out? oh wait.. now we're going to charge you for everything we have to replace.

Seriously considering selling it now.

Good luck with yours! those are some pretty bad defects and honestly you should talk to your dealer about getting a replacement vehicle... cause that's not even just technical faults that's just absolutely terrible build quality!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 04:07am by chiggy.)
30-05-2012 02:47am
hondafreak

(29-05-2012 10:54pm)WB Wrote:  So I've been compiling a list of issues which my car has had since new - mostly minor but a couple seem to be getting worse so I've booked it in at LPR for week after next.

Just hoping the experience is better than the last time I used a main dealer which was a couple of years ago at BMW and Mercedes.

So.... here is my list:

1. Boot lid - mis-aligned and causing rubbing on the internal window surround and the parcel shelf. Closing the boot is becoming increasingly hit and miss - this is the biggest issue.

2. Bonnet - mis-aligned - gap on the driver side above wheel arch is about twice as big as it is on the left. From the front the bonnet looks lop-sided. Mainly cosmetic but seems to be getting worse.

3. Drivers seat base - leather texture/grain is rougher/ridged on one side - my wife says it looks like the cow had cellulite!

4. Both front and rear passenger door panels have an area where the fabric wasn't glued down correctly.

6. Rear light cluster appears to be losing the backing black paint in two areas.

more pics...

That's really annoying regarding the long time one has to wait for the car.
I hope they have already improved the build quality and have more routine in the building process.

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
30-05-2012 06:12am
speary

(29-05-2012 10:54pm)WB Wrote:  So I've been compiling a list of issues which my car has had since new - mostly minor but a couple seem to be getting worse so I've booked it in at LPR for week after next.

So.... here is my list:

more pics...

2. Mis aligned bonnet. Mine is like this. I found that the 2 rubber stops on the striker plate were at different heights. I have adjusted them but is still isnt brilliant and the rubber stops look like they will move again as they are quite loose. Crap cheap desing if you ask me !.
3 Leather. That doesnt look too bad. Leather has natural variations in its texture

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
30-05-2012 08:06am
caroline11000

WB that is pretty bad particularly the mis-aligned boot and bonnet, hope you manage to get it all put right!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
30-05-2012 08:46am
doug

WB,
I've got the same problem on my rear light unit. Did think it was a build up of wax behind the plastic, but now I'm concerned. Off for a closer look, will report back later.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
30-05-2012 09:22am
xxxx5

So.... here is my list:

more pics...

Had the same issue with realignment of door and rear hatch. JLR had to fix in the end as the dealer wasnt able to do it with there equipment.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
30-05-2012 01:12pm
WB
WB

Thanks all, I'm hoping the dealer is helpful but if they don't get it sorted out I'll be on to LR straight away.

Doug, the response when I mentioned the rear light cluster while booking in the car was "we'll order a replacement" so it may be a known issue.

Ultimately I paid a lot of money for this car so don't expect it to have these types of issues so soon into ownership.

I'll keep this post updated once it goes in week after next.
30-05-2012 04:23pm
benzina

WB, like speary said, and here's the quote....

"2. Mis aligned bonnet. Mine is like this. I found that the 2 rubber stops on the striker plate were at different heights. I have adjusted them but is still isnt brilliant and the rubber stops look like they will move again as they are quite loose. Crap cheap desing if you ask me !."

This can easily be adjusted by hand-screwing one of the two rubber stoppers on the striker plate,to the correct height (in your case,it looks like you need to raise the left rubber stopper a bit).
Mine needed only slight adjustment,but now it'perfect.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2012 04:29am by benzina.)
31-05-2012 04:28am