Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advanced Voice Control...absent on the Evoque??
HotLap

Advanced Voice Control...absent on the Evoque??

All, on my previous cars/trucks with voice control generally there is a "beginners" and "Advanced" mode. The Advanced mode streamlines all of the commands once you know the system...for instance you don't have to confirm every command, etc. It's really ridiculous how many voice commands I have to make to call a frequently dialed number from my contact list. All my Ford Synch systems had this feature going way back to 2009...am I missing something with my 2015 Evoque Prestige's voice command system? Especially frustrating when asked to verify a line number on the screen when there is only one choice...then after going through all the many steps to make a call it still asks you again if you want to make the call...sheesh!!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
18-04-2016 09:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Advanced Voice Control...absent on the Evoque??

Most people cannot even get the voice command system to work with even the simplest commands, so you are lucky You can even get it to respond!!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2016 09:17am by XFullFatTim.)
19-04-2016 09:17am
fam1x

I must say its taken me a while to get use to the voice commands and now it works most of the time.

I just say "Phone, call contact, Joe " and it fines the person and sometimes a few others and will ask to verify by saying line number.

once you verify the line number it dials the number I must admit it is a bit slow. I tried to get "Siri" on the iphone to work via voice command but failed. If anyone know a way to to that would be great help.

I found if you active "Siri" on the phone then you can use the Mic on the car to command the iphone Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
19-04-2016 12:42pm
HotLap

(19-04-2016 09:17am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Most people cannot even get the voice command system to work with even the simplest commands, so you are lucky You can even get it to respond!!

LOL, perhaps I should just leave well enough alone!

(19-04-2016 12:42pm)fam1x Wrote:  I must say its taken me a while to get use to the voice commands and now it works most of the time.

I just say "Phone, call contact, Joe " and it fines the person and sometimes a few others and will ask to verify by saying line number.

once you verify the line number it dials the number I must admit it is a bit slow. I tried to get "Siri" on the iphone to work via voice command but failed. If anyone know a way to to that would be great help.

I found if you active "Siri" on the phone then you can use the Mic on the car to command the iphone Smile
Interesting, I'll have to check that out, thx! I also noticed last night while skimming the OM again an optin called "Voice Tags" that sounds interesting and may be a way to set up voice command shortcuts...more to come.

(19-04-2016 12:42pm)fam1x Wrote:  I must say its taken me a while to get use to the voice commands and now it works most of the time.

Fam...that would still eliminate about half the commands necessary to make a call via voice command. I tried this in the past but just confused the system...I'll try it again (with more patience) this time, thx!!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2016 09:15pm by HotLap.)
19-04-2016 09:10pm
Donny Dog

[quote='fam1x' pid='110760' dateline='1461066148']

I just say "Phone, call contact, Joe " and it fines the person and sometimes a few others

Seems a bit over the top - how much does it fine them??ShockedLaughing
20-04-2016 10:29pm
EarlofEltham

In the voice settings you can disable the voice feedback. That is the car doesn't repeat the command to you, it just moves to the next step or executes the action.
22-04-2016 05:25am