Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding Powered tailgate?
chris76

Adding Powered tailgate?

We love our Evoque but the one moan my missus has is that I didn't spec the powered tailgate. Does anyone know if there is any way to add this after the event?
23-06-2013 08:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: Adding Powered tailgate?

Have a look at this thread.
http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-5435.html?highlight=bowl

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
23-06-2013 08:44am
chris76

Thanks!
23-06-2013 09:16am
mark_n

(23-06-2013 09:16am)chris76 Wrote:  Thanks!

Yes, but that thread is about remote closing (wasn't convinced myself).

The motors which raise the tailgate are in the struts which are thicker than normal. There is also the question of the switch in the tailgate itself.

Even if you replace the struts and the switch and even if there is existing wiring (it's a big no-no if there isn't), there may well be some software programming to enable the option so the car knows it's fitted.

Best talk to the dealer I think.

Looked at it some more and the wiring loom inside the tailgate is different according to whether it is powered. I think that pretty much puts the kibosh on the upgrade. Will be very expensive.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 11:28am by mark_n.)
23-06-2013 11:16am
Bowl

(23-06-2013 11:16am)mark_n Wrote:  Yes, but that thread is about remote closing (wasn't convinced myself).

No hard feelings, but..... I've been trying to kill your avatar Laughing

Anyway, back to the topic...
Adding anything post-factory is a pain. You will need a whole lot more than a bunch of wires and motorized struts. There's a module which controls the tailgate itself, and this module has to be connected to a communication network within the car. It is possible, but it won't be easy.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2013 11:04pm by Bowl.)
23-06-2013 10:55pm
DollaR

In fact it is possible to add the powered tailgate in the aftermarket. However the main problem will be software programming and not every dealer can do it. I know that some service centers install their own control module to enable this option.
For example, I have the powered tailgate in my Evoque installed in the aftermarket.

Price ~ 1000 pounds

Pure 5D TD4@228hp Auto, Barolo Black, Almond/Espresso - https://picasaweb.google.com/10840339554...directlink
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 10:00pm by DollaR.)
24-06-2013 09:55pm
Teetree

Adding Powered tailgate?

(24-06-2013 09:55pm)DollaR Wrote:  In fact it is possible to add the powered tailgate in the aftermarket. However the main problem will be software programming and not every dealer can do it. I know that some service centers install their own control module to enable this option.
For example, I have the powered tailgate in my Evoque installed in the aftermarket.

Price ~ 1000 pounds

I like the last bit the best Smile

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
25-06-2013 03:11pm
jewel-r

(24-06-2013 09:55pm)DollaR Wrote:  In fact it is possible to add the powered tailgate in the aftermarket. However the main problem will be software programming and not every dealer can do it. I know that some service centers install their own control module to enable this option.

Price ~ 1000 pounds

Do you have name to this aftermarket company so I can see if there is simular UK company
25-06-2013 03:45pm
DollaR

(25-06-2013 03:45pm)jewel-r Wrote:  Do you have name to this aftermarket company so I can see if there is simular UK company

I doubt there is a similar company in the UK, but I can give you their email (etarn@v-systems.ru) and you may ask them if they can send their control module to the UK, because other spare parts are from LR factory.
I know that their control module are universal and can be installed in RR, VW, Audi and so on.
Or probably someone in the UK can develop similar one Smile

Pure 5D TD4@228hp Auto, Barolo Black, Almond/Espresso - https://picasaweb.google.com/10840339554...directlink
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2013 08:56pm by DollaR.)
25-06-2013 08:49pm
jewel-r

(25-06-2013 08:49pm)DollaR Wrote:  I doubt there is a similar company in the UK, but I can give you their email (etarn@v-systems.ru) and you may ask them if they can send their control module to the UK, because other spare parts are from LR factory.
I know that their control module are universal and can be installed in RR, VW, Audi and so on.
Or probably someone in the UK can develop similar one Smile

Thanks DollaR
25-06-2013 10:36pm