Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About to Order an Evoque.. need your input
Suff

Hi All,

I am about (next few weeks) to order an Evoque as my current car (BMW 335i) is coming up for renewal and its getting a bit old now!

I am leaning towards:

SD4 Pure 4 Door in Solid White
Automatic
Clearview pack
Pure Tech pack
HDD Nav
Reversing Camera
20" Wheels (Style 6) (of course!)
Cirrus Grained leather with Ebony headlining
Keyless Entry
Black Roof Rails
Front & Rear Parking Aid
Heated Front Seats
Rear Aircon

Really want the Panaromic roof, but am unsure given that I live in Perth and it is often so hot!

I will then retro fit the following:

Dynamic Grill
Dynamic Rear Bumper
Diesel Chip
30% Tint

I'm looking for guidance on what people have bought, what they love, what the hate (especially when it comes to the options I have listed) and if you think I have missed anything that is "must have"!

I'f anyone has bought something similar, do you feel like sharing what you paid for your car (PM?) I'm aiming to get the car on the road for as close to $80k as I can

Thanks in advance all.. I'm getting rather excited!
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 04:20pm by Suff.)
08-02-2012 04:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: About to Order an Evoque.. need your input

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

next, without wishing to seem funny to a newbie, this question has been covered over and over so can I suggest that you take some time to use the search facility, do a bit of reading on previous answers and then come back once your specific questions have been narrowed down.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-02-2012 04:27pm
chiggy

First, welcome to the forum. Great news on buying a new car.

Secondly, heated seats but then afraid to get pano roof cause of the heat? Don't want to imagine why you need heated seats.

And to be honest with all those options, why dont you get a dynamic? And just add on the pano roof and the satnav?

Saves you from putting on dynamic parts later and with all those options it's going to end up being pretty much a dynamic anyway.
Have a look on carpoint as well... There are plenty of white sd4s

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 04:42pm by chiggy.)
08-02-2012 04:41pm
Suff

(08-02-2012 04:27pm)cjfp Wrote:  Firstly, welcome to the forum.

next, without wishing to seem funny to a newbie, this question has been covered over and over so can I suggest that you take some time to use the search facility, do a bit of reading on previous answers and then come back once your specific questions have been narrowed down.

Hi,

I have spent many hours reading the other posts and reviews etc, and this is why I have posted this in the Aus specific channel as I am interest in others feedback who share a similiar climate & pricing structure to myself (unlike say, the UK)

(08-02-2012 04:41pm)chiggy Wrote:  First, welcome to the forum. Great news on buying a new car.

Secondly, heated seats but then afraid to get pano roof cause of the heat? Don't want to imagine why you need heated seats.

And to be honest with all those options, why dont you get a dynamic? And just add on the pano roof and the satnav?

Saves you from putting on dynamic parts later and with all those options it's going to end up being pretty much a dynamic anyway.
Have a look on carpoint as well... There are plenty of white sd4s

The heated seats is a funny one.. I had them in a Forester GT many many years ago and loved them.. I have never ordered them since even in the 335i, and its something I always regret.

Thanks for the pointer on carpoint, I must admit I have only been looking at carsales as I had intended on building (but if I can get one that is close to the spec I am looking for Wink )
08-02-2012 04:55pm
cjfp

Suff - no worries and I honestly want trying to put you off etc - as you will appreciate, there is a wealth of knowledge here and often people ask before looking but you appear to have done your initial research and I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-02-2012 05:38pm
sethor

Firstly welcome, nice to see another West Australian on here.

Ok to give you an idea on pricing from Barbagallo here is what I worked out below

SD4 Pure 4 Door in Solid White $64,981
Automatic $2,480
Clearview pack $1,700
Pure Tech pack $4,500
HDD Nav $3,400
Reversing Camera $670
20" Wheels (Style 6) $2,000
Cirrus Grained leather with Ebony headlining NCO
Keyless Entry $1,495
Black Roof Rails (don't have pricing)
Front & Rear Parking Aid $620 (front sensors, rear is standard)
Heated Front Seats $600
Rear Aircon $190

RRP$84,900~ (includes LCT) add $1950 if you want the panaramic roof
if you're good you should be able to haggle 3-4k off this price.

Your spec list is pretty good, the only thing I would change is to ditch the keyless entry (-$1943.5) & go for the panaramic roof (+$1950). $1495+LCT just so you don't have to press a remote is a joke, the car has keyless start standard.
If you're considering a Dynamic with the same options your looking at about a 9k jump (Evil LCT). But if you can live without Sat Nav that would take off $3,400+LCT ($4,420) & then you're half way closer to being in a Dynamic. Factor in the cost of the Dynamic grill & rear bumper, you can reason with yourself to get a Dynamic.
Sorry if I sound confusing when talking about the LCT, your car will be about 10k over the 75k LCT threshold so anything you add/remove will have the 33% LCT on it.

I opted for heated seats purely for my partner, she always feels a lot colder than me & I don't like putting up with the climate cranked up to the highest setting.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 06:13pm by sethor.)
08-02-2012 06:12pm
Aussievoque

Hi Suff, tough decisions! With regard to the pano roof I didn't particularly want it but the car I bought had it fitted anyway and I now think that it's great. When it's sunny I leave the shade closed and at night or when it's overcast or rainy (everyday lately!) I leave it open and it makes the car that much lighter and brighter. Plus I think it's a fairly reasonably priced option for the value it adds to the car. It doesn't seem to make the car any hotter though.

I don't have sat nav but from reading through the forums a lot of people aren't very happy with it, maybe an aussie with that option could add their opinion. I had to have a LR technician look at my car a few days ago and the first thing he said was "I bet your having problems with your sat nav" so it sounds to me like even LR are finding it troublesome.

The only option I would have liked to add was the folding mirrors, more so for the automatic tilting of the passenger mirror when parking (loved it on my X5) and the novelty of the evoque puddle lamps. Oh and the rear air con which you listed.

Good luck!!

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
08-02-2012 10:58pm
DefLeppard

Welcome Suff,

Nice spec...yeah with some haggling $80k sounds about right
(there is a full australian price list I posted as an attachment on the aussie forum section awhile ago)

Re the options - one thing I've learnt from reading this site - everyone has a different opinion of what is absolutely necessary in the car.

Im in the "don't need a pano roof" camp. Others will say can't live without.

I had limited funds so had to toss up between the nice to haves and the must haves.
Xenons and Pano roof were the two options I would have added if money was no object!
I too have added the heated seats , as I had a car with them , then one without, and really missed them. Hence have had them ever since.

I hate auto wipers, so that put me off the clear view pack. I would have just added the xenons. (Ive never had a car with auto wipers that works effectively with light rain. My current car only has three settings - auto, speed 1 (fast!) and speed 2 (really really fast!). Hence no manual intermittent setting - so Im constantly having to override the auto setting when its not detecting light rain. )

Ive specced the satnav - only because I'm a travelling sales rep - and do 60000km+ a year constantly using sat nav. If this was just a family get around car - id have left off the satnav and relied on my phone sat nav for those few occasions. I did a fair amount of test driving using the satnav system and was happy with it - no complaints. I occasionally use my mobile phone satnav at the same time as my current satnav just to compare the two - and i do lose gps signal on the phone quite often in outer suburban areas.

Hope your current car can last the wait - 4-6 months on average from order to delivery. Hence looking for an in stock car might be the go if you are willing to compromise on a few features.

I have my heart set on Mauritius blue - hence Im still waiting! If I wasn't fussed about colour - I wouldn't have waited!

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
08-02-2012 11:50pm
Aussievoque

(08-02-2012 11:50pm)DefLeppard Wrote:  I hate auto wipers, so that put me off the clear view pack.

+1, have them but not a fan, they either fail to come on, are the wrong speed, or don't shut off.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
09-02-2012 12:06am
barks

I recently ordered an 5Door Pure SD4 Auto in Orkney Grey, with:
Almond/Espresso Grained Leather
Style 6 20" wheels
Heated Front Seats
Clearview Pack
Panoramic Roof
Pure Tech Pack
Rear Camera
Rear Vents
Mud Flaps
Flexible Loadspace Liner
Window Tint

RRP was approx $83k
Got it for $80K on the road, which I was happy with that (only $22.00 Luxury Car Tax!)
I nearly bought a demo with the same spec less the Pano Roof, heated seats and Rear Camera - they wanted $75k drive away - I was prepared to live without the Pano Roof, but the rear camera was the deal breaker. So now the wait until May- June!!

Now back to your question - I agree ditch the keyless entry and get the roof...Sat Nav is a nice to have - but I can live without it - your choice. Otherwise I agree almost completely with your spec!

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
09-02-2012 01:00am