Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About to Order an Evoque.. need your input
chiggy

RE: About to Order an Evoque.. need your input

(09-02-2012 12:06am)Aussievoque Wrote:  +1, have them but not a fan, they either fail to come on, are the wrong speed, or don't shut off.

but you know you can switch the auto wipers off right?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
09-02-2012 01:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

I would say that go the Pan roof over the keyless entry. I feel the roof feels a bit low when the sun blind is closed. The pan roof is heavily tinted, and whilst Sydney weather has not permitted, I dont think it will be too bad in full sun. I am use to the glass as my Subaru Forester had a huge moon roof which did not make the car too hot. When you park, just close the blind, and when your driving have the air on and there is not a problem.

The Nav is good. I have used it a number of times and have not had a problem with it. I think it comes down to the maps, and NSW (sydney) is ok.

Clear view pack and auto wipers. I did not get the pack due to the auto wipers and value for money. When reading through the manual, it states:

In this position intermittent wipe is controlled by either a rain sensor or vehicle speed. The rain sensor located at the upper edge of the windscreen becomes active and will determine when the wipers are
required to operate. If the rain sensor is not enabled by your dealer, intermittent wipe will operate in conjunction with the setting of control. This function can be enabled/disabled by your Dealer/Authorised Repairer.

Therefore I ask, can the car without clearview pack have the Auto wipers enabled by the dealer?

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
09-02-2012 03:17am
chiggy

I'm sure it can be.

And the auto wipers aren't actually that bad - you can always adjust the speed according to how you want it and I've never had issues with it on the RRE or any other car cause you can change the speed of the auto wipers.

I just couldn't be without the clearview pack - driving a Mercedes and Audi with Xenons and then a VW without it - just made the VW look outdated and the xenons are just brilliant!

Re-sale value wise as well - Clearview pack was a must for me.

But I agree, keyless entry is a bit pointless and not worth the money - I've had the pano sunroof and its been pretty hot this week - no issues though plus the cirrus interior you will have will also keep the car cooler than an ebony interior... which trust me... helps when its 38 degrees outside.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
09-02-2012 05:03am
Aussievoque

(09-02-2012 01:51am)chiggy Wrote:  but you know you can switch the auto wipers off right?

Yeah, I think I worked that out Wink but the point I was making is I think it's an option I could live without because it doesn't work very well. Why pay extra $$$$ for an option that you need to manually override anyway.....

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
09-02-2012 05:59am
Suff

The attraction of keyless entry is a) I have it on the BM currently and b) I'm 6"2, the wife is 5", so when she drives the car the seat is ALWAYS left touching the steering wheel. Having keyless entry means I can just open the door and the car moves the seat for me, lazy.. yes absolutely!

Its pleasing to hear that people are paying roughly what I had hoped to hit.. are LR doing any finance offers (BMW(alphera) ahve already said they are happy to offer me finance on the LR at a competitive rate)
09-02-2012 06:00am
chiggy

I thought it works pretty well actually - I don't really have an OCD around wipers but I know a loooot of people that do... so that could be the difference here haha!

I trust my evoque to deliver in all ways including wiping my windscreen... hahaha!

09-02-2012 06:02am
Aussievoque

(09-02-2012 06:00am)Suff Wrote:  are LR doing any finance offers (BMW(alphera) ahve already said they are happy to offer me finance on the LR at a competitive rate)

I had alphera on my previous X5 so looked into that also but LR finance still worked out cheaper. LR waived setup fees and monthly admin charge.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
09-02-2012 06:09am
DefLeppard

Ive been with Alphera for my past 3 cars.
Love them - especially like the guaranteed payout schedule.
You know exactly what you owe each month in case you decide to trade in early and upgrade! (something I'm constantly doing)

Haven't managed to find any other commercial hire purchase that will say upfront exactly what the payout is month by month.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
09-02-2012 07:29am
Aussievoque

I have to agree with you, my last 2 were alphera and I loved them. I was pretty sure this one would be too but LR came in cheaper so will give it a try....plus it was convenient to organize everything in the one place.

09-02-2012 10:46am
gead

Another Alphera customer! First time with them. They were the best deal available via the broker. The schedule is very handy, and the lack of penalties if you change car early is a bonus.... I have never seen the end of a lease yet Smile

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
09-02-2012 11:26am