Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
..... AND it's still at the dealers.......
Shenley

..... AND it's still at the dealers.......

Phoned my dealer today to confirm his receipt of the insurance certificate. Vehicle due at the dealers from 22/10/12. Ordered 15/5/12, with initial delivery for mid November. When order confirmed in August - build date was given as 5/10/12 with delivery to dealer on, of course 22/10/12. This mornings conversation was regarding the insurance..... when the dealer says "Oh, your car came in yesterday".
Now picking up Friday.
Fuji white SD4 auto coupe, black roof, Lux, Dynamic+ (clue to which derivative) Agility interior, spare wheel, heated steering wheel, loadspace storage rails and a 'free' aeroflip (as ordered before change).
Accessories - red gear shifter, footrest finisher, rubber mats, rubber boot liner, luggage retention rails and roof rails.

I shall drop my wife off to pick it up...................
Might get to drive it.............. might...............
I know there will be a lot of 'detailing' this weekend though............
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 09:41am by Shenley.)
16-10-2012 10:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eddkawasaki

RE: You're car arrived yesterday.....

Congrats on the delivery. you have pretty much the same dates as me. My dealer said yesterday that its still 22nd and he's going to try to push it through the PDI so I can get it on 23rd. fingers crossed.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
16-10-2012 10:28am
Shenley

RE: Your car arrived yesterday..... AND it's still at the dealers.....

Went to pick up the car today 19/10...............
and in a nutshell the drivers seat leather facia is damaged..............
Left empty handed.
So we await the next move, no monies paid over, but my biggest fear is the seats are red Dynamic+ Agility, and that replacing part or even one won't match.
Still at least we are retired and can still zip around in our other car. (limited shopping space though).
Confused
19-10-2012 01:34pm
NightFox

RE: Your car arrived yesterday..... AND it's still at the dealers.....

(19-10-2012 01:34pm)Shenley Wrote:  Went to pick up the car today 19/10...............
and in a nutshell the drivers seat leather facia is damaged..............
Left empty handed.
So we await the next move, no monies paid over, but my biggest fear is the seats are red Dynamic+ Agility, and that replacing part or even one won't match.
Still at least we are retired and can still zip around in our other car. (limited shopping space though).
Confused

That must be so disappointing/annoying. How come the dealer didn't pick it up on the PDI?

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
19-10-2012 01:38pm
Shenley

RE: Your car arrived yesterday.....

Good question - but speculation............. did the dealership let someone 'have a look' whilst it was sitting in the showroom?
I saw the vehicle just after it was delivered - of course it was a bit dirty and the seats had white plastic covers. All I wanted was to check was that it was the right colour and that was an auto and all the right boxes that were ticked were present and correct - they were.
I did not touch the car or actually get in. [previous job......]
So I'm sure they don't want a £50,000 car just sitting there, as the money is still in my pocket.

Are we too fussy................
19-10-2012 02:18pm
NightFox

RE: Your car arrived yesterday.....

(19-10-2012 02:18pm)Shenley Wrote:  Are we too fussy................

For £50,000? No!

I think the trouble is that because dealers are dealing with cars day-in and day-out, they quickly forget just how expensive a purchase these things really are.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
19-10-2012 02:29pm
Shenley

RE: Your car arrived yesterday..... AND it's still at the dealers.......

And here is the annoying part:-
The dealer said - nay promised - to call 'this afternoon' (Friday) and update us with what is to happen about the damaged seat.

Nothing. Not even an e-mail.
19-10-2012 07:18pm
Evo-king

RE: Your car arrived yesterday..... AND it's still at the dealers.......

Well there's a surprise, regrettably.

Stick to your guns re replacement, whatever caused it, it is not acceptable.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-10-2012 10:12pm
Shenley

RE: ..... AND it's still at the dealers.......

Well we got a phone call this morning - the outcome is that a new seat (cover) both the seat pan and upright have been ordered.
But no ETA until LR can be contacted on Monday. Supa dupa mega quick order me thinks!

Both parts ordered (no headrest as sports seats) so there is no miss match in colour............
What about the passenger seat, centre console and rear seats not matching then?

Has anybody got the pimento 'Agility' sports seats fitted?
They can't be that popular can they? So I can't imagine LR having stocks of them lying around. I mean how many red cows are there?

I just wonder what the lead time is for these items.............

Actually I wonder what is being said at the dealers......... was it LR........... was it the logistics company......
.... was it at the PDI stage.......... or..... was it someone having a look in the showroom........

Anyway I still hold all the monies Laughing
20-10-2012 10:00am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: ..... AND it's still at the dealers.......

Pimento isn't that common but there are a few around. I would be very worried that they are not replacing the entire
seat on a new car. The seatback and the seatbelt cutouts at shoulder level of the Plus style seats are plastic mouldings and will be extremely difficult to refit as they are extremely difficult to remove without damage!
[Image: 48e112eb.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 10:16am by XFullFatTim.)
20-10-2012 10:14am