Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A way around the contrast roof issue
cjfp

A way around the contrast roof issue

If you're looking at a Pure (where it isn't an option) or looking at a Dynamic/Prestige but don't want to fork out £500 for a strip of different coloured paint around your sunroof then I've had a thought - what about getting the roof strips 'wrapped'. I've seen it done on whole cars and it looks good, so surely they would be able to do the roof strips and hopefully for less than £500. Check out http://www.raccoon.co.uk/hampshire/colour-change.aspx (ironically, if you go to the home page, I saw Theo in his silver maybach only yesterday!). This link is merely for more info, i do not recommend or have any link to this company. Alternatively, just google "car wrapping".

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 06:23pm by cjfp.)
04-04-2011 03:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

RE: A way around the contrast roof issue

Good Idea.... I was thinking of a Red roof (and mirrors) on my black car ....... think it might look good.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
04-04-2011 04:21pm
cjfp

(04-04-2011 04:21pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Good Idea.... I was thinking of a Red roof (and mirrors) on my black car ....... think it might look good.

Thanks, I'm always full of good ideas - well, that's what the wife says and the context is normally "well, that was a f@&%ing good idea wasn't it!"

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
04-04-2011 06:19pm
Kermit

May even be cheaper than paying for metallic/pearlescent paint. What is the extra cost for a metallic/pearlescent paint colour?

I see metallic paint is a $1,800 option on the FL2, Down Under.
http://www.landrover.com/au/en/lr/about-...way-offer/

EDIT: Just found this now has prices: http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range-...que/build/
Looks like on a Prestige only Barolo Black costs extra.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 02:23am by Kermit.)
05-04-2011 02:17am
LRX
Banned

Car wrapping
I really wanted a white Evoque but am very worried about it suddenly going out of fashion and plummeting in value (as happened in the mid-90s after the last white car craze). As such, I ordered a black 'stealth' Evoque.

However, I've been wondering about getting it wrapped in matte white. That way I can enjoy the white evoque for a couple of years then have it removed and have a black one (with pristine paintwork).

Anyone have any experience of wrapping? Any thoughts on my idea?
23-04-2011 08:24am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Don't know if it is still there but on the Lookers Park Royal Land Rover website there was a Bali Blue Range Rover Sport that was wrapped in pearlescent white for sale quite recently, from the photos you couldn't see that it was Bali Blue under the wrap
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic21890.html

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2011 09:40am by XFullFatTim.)
23-04-2011 09:33am
cjfp

Taken from the Raccoon website I listed above
"How long will the wrap last? Although we use only premium films, manufactured by companies like 3M and Avery Dennison, the life of your vehicle wrap is determined by the condition of the car, how it is treated during its life and cleaning methods. Taking all of this into account, you should expect up to 5 years of life from your vehicle wrap.

How do I wash the car once wrapped? We recommend that you wash your car either by hand or using a jet wash. We advise against mechanical car washes, as the abrasive action can have a negative effect on the wrapping film. Always take care when using chemicals or detergents to clean your car.

Do I get a warranty or guarantee? Performance guarantees of up to five years are available on our colour change wraps, dependent on colour and finish required. Terms & Conditions apply.

Will the wrap damage my paintwork? During the application process, the award winning team of Raccoon application technicians are careful not to damage the paintwork of your car, and we do not cut material directly on the paintwork. The films that we use will not directly damage the car's paintwork, however you did need to ensure that your vehicle's paintwork is of a sound and OEM quality."

23-04-2011 10:03am
Kermit

Mirror Gold Rangie: http://www.raccoon.co.uk/hampshire/perso...=159&gi=57
23-04-2011 10:22am
LRX
Banned

I would be intrigued to know how they deal with the 'Evoque', 'Si4' and 'R A N G E R O V E R' badges. Do they remove and then re-stick them? How to they make sure "RANGE ROVER" is straight?

And what about the badges when the film is removed?
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2011 10:45am by LRX.)
23-04-2011 10:45am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The badges are stuck on, remove with hairdryer and nylon fishing line or dental floss. New ones are cheap and come on a template to help stick them back on

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-04-2011 03:00pm