Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A question for the West London members
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

A question for the West London members

After driving south through what I imagine driving under the Niagra Falls would be like my BabyRR needs a bath. Zanzibar with the black wheels doesn't show the dirt much but it sure needs a wash after that as the normally glossy bronze colour looks slightly matt and the normally shiny black wheels are looking less than glossy.
Can anybody in this part of town recommend a car wash in the Park Royal/ Hanger Lane area? I used to use a place adjacent to the shopping arcade at Park Royal Tube station but they have " moved on" ( maybe the Borders Agency caught up with them and sent them all back to Turkey! ) I'm not looking for a full on detailing, just a good wash down to restore the gleam.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-10-2014 10:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nowaytk

RE: A question for the West London members

Hi Tim, there used to be a place just next to the ace cafe, it's not a quick wash though, but they do a proper job with snow foam, two bucket method and clean all the windows in & out all for a tenner. I think it has either changed hands or just had a referb as it was closed for a while so I don't know what it is like now. Only a short journey down the North circ from Park Royal, if you do end up going down there, can you post how it is now ?

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
29-10-2014 08:33am
XFullFatTim

i found that one (Over the Rainbow) when a google search flagged up posts on Piston Heads and the GTR forums. The 2 hour wait for a 1 hour long wash though is a bit off putting! I know where the Ace is as have been there a few times - RRSport forums had their most successful meet there way back in the noughties! If I have time on Friday I'll give it a try, otherwise I've found one in Ledbury where I'm off to next on my travels.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-10-2014 08:59am
WB
WB

If you get to Over the Rainbow off peak - mid morning is usually a good time then you won't have to wait long. Alfie, the owner, is a great guy and they're the only 'car wash' I ever trust with my cars.

Just saw mention that it may have changed hands - if you do go pls ask if Alfie still owns the place as I've been out of the country and haven't been for a while!
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 09:57pm by WB.)
29-10-2014 09:56pm
XFullFatTim

OK been to what used to be called Over The Rainbow and is now called Unique Car Wash.
I arrived at 9:30 and mine was the only car in........ £15 got me a full rinse off, wheel cleaner, snow foam, 2 bucket hand wash, hot rinse, dry off, polish, full interior vacuum, screens and windows cleaned, wheel and tyre polish. I've never seen so many microfibre cloths and chamois used on one car either! The "boss" told me when I asked that the company is now owned by "Alfie's Cousin". I got a way better wash and polish in the 45 minutes the car was in the bay than I do at home where I pay £10 just for a snow foam and pressure wash.

(This post was last modified: 30-10-2014 12:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-10-2014 10:06pm
Evo-king

Try and keep it that way if you can.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-10-2014 08:52pm
WB
WB

(29-10-2014 10:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  OK been to what used to be called Over The Rainbow and is now called Unique Car Wash.
I arrived at 9:30 and mine was the only car in........ £15 got me a full rinse off, wheel cleaner, snow foam, 2 bucket hand wash, hot rinse, dry off, polish, full interior vacuum, screens and windows cleaned, wheel and tyre polish. I've never seen so many microfibre cloths and chamois used on one car either! The "boss" told me when I asked that the company is now owned by "Alfie's Cousin". I got a way better wash and polish in the 45 minutes the car was in the bay than I do at home where I pay £10 just for a snow foam and pressure wash.

Thanks Tim - good news. Glad they're still going!
30-10-2014 09:59pm
Nowaytk

The last time I spoke to Alfie he was trying to get an app developed so that when you go on it you can book a time slot because it could take upto 2 hours for a clean plus wait time, which was just about bearable if you had nowt to do, plus you could just pop next door to the ace for a cuppa, done that once but with these security issues won't be doing that again as the key will not be coming out of my pocket.

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
30-10-2014 10:38pm
XFullFatTim

From driving off the North Circular to getting back onto it was 45 minutes at 9:30 this morning, possibly up to 8 guys working on the car and there was no queue behind me.
The guy in charge was very keen to tell me about their rental fleet in case I wanted to hire a supercar at all. He went onto his smartphone and showed his rental Lambo's movements this morning - and was able to see that it had had the nuts revved out of it at some time during this morning's rush hour! I was surprised that he wasn't aware of the saying that the fastest cars in the world are rental cars!

30-10-2014 10:46pm