Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A bit slow/sluggish taking off from full stop
bangsters

Hey, I'm just wondering if you guys also experience the same. From a full stop, when you step on the gas, it feels like the Evoque is a bit slow or sluggish moving, like it is underpowered. I would need to really step on the gas to get it to go. But once moving it's very responsive and quick, which I believe is due to the turbo installed.

I'm just wondering why it's a bit slow on take off from a full stop. My other car, the Nissan, is slower and less powerful but is not as slow from a full stop. So wondering if it's just me, or if I need to have the car checked? It's only 3 weeks old lol

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 07:49pm by bangsters.)
13-09-2014 07:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redrob

RE: A bit slow/sluggish taking off from full stop

Coming from a 2.7 RRS V6, my Evoque feels like a racing car!

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 07:55pm by Redrob.)
13-09-2014 07:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bangsters

(13-09-2014 07:54pm)Redrob Wrote:  Coming from a 2.7 RRS V6, my Evoque feels like a racing car!

Yes it is indeed fast. Only issue I noticed was when coming from a full stop.

13-09-2014 08:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

(13-09-2014 07:48pm)bangsters Wrote:  Hey, I'm just wondering if you guys also experience the same. From a full stop, when you step on the gas, it feels like the Evoque is a bit slow or sluggish moving, like it is underpowered. I would need to really step on the gas to get it to go. But once moving it's very responsive and quick, which I believe is due to the turbo installed.

I'm just wondering why it's a bit slow on take off from a full stop. My other car, the Nissan, is slower and less powerful but is not as slow from a full stop. So wondering if it's just me, or if I need to have the car checked? It's only 3 weeks old lol

yep the evoque does need a bit of fuel to get it going from standing, but you get used to it. i recon its turbo lag.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
13-09-2014 08:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Your 2014 car is an auto and it starts off from standstill in 2nd Gear, 1st is a crawler gear for towing and offroad downhill engine braking, however mine occassionally tries to pull away in 1st if I confuse the Stop/start by pressing down a bit hard on the throttle before the Stop/Start has woken up and then it screams up to the rev limiter in no time at all, not nice for the (diesel) engine. I haven't tried disabling the stop/start to see if it makes much difference. Have you tried starting off in S mode and paddle shifting through the gears?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 09:05pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-09-2014 09:04pm
Teetree

Tim, I thought this acceleration lag thing had all been sorted in the past? Either with software update or i hear the new 9 speed auto is pretty smooth? I thought it was just an old gear box issue. Can't believe it still happening now 5 years since first launch!

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
19-09-2014 02:23pm
bangsters

(19-09-2014 02:23pm)Teetree Wrote:  Tim, I thought this acceleration lag thing had all been sorted in the past? Either with software update or i hear the new 9 speed auto is pretty smooth? I thought it was just an old gear box issue. Can't believe it still happening now 5 years since first launch!

I have the 9 speed auto and it's sluggish coming from a full stop. TO compensate, I sometimes switch to S mode when I know I need that responsiveness, say merging onto a highway or something. The paddle shifter I configured to only work in S mode as well.

19-09-2014 02:33pm