Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Little Colour Help Before I Sign Final Order Please.
The Valeter

A Little Colour Help Before I Sign Final Order Please.

I started a thread previously for oppinions on Fuji White or Firenze Red. Red has allways been me & I wanted a change but the Firenze is so stunning I don't think I could go for Fuji but on seeing it in the flesh it also looks nice.
This help is really for choosing the interior colour.
My first choice for the car is this Dynamic in Firenze & the Red/Black interior. I quoted this to two salesmen at 2 different dealers & they both said - stunning then quoted the same spec on a car at a preview event & it attracted lots of attention, the Red/Black was also one of the reasons I was drawn to the Evoque too.

I also like the White/black leather. Would this look good with Firenze Red body? One of the salesmen that said commented on my above choice said no to this as it looked to busy - 3 colours & he said the white wasn't very white however I saw 2 Dynamics on Saturday with the White/Black leather & I thought it looked nice.

So what is best?
Firenze Red body with Red/Black interior,
Firenze Red body with White/Black interior,
Fuji White body with Red/Black interior,
Fuji White body with White/Black interior.

I am aware that changes can be made up until it goes to build but I would rather not mess them about.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
25-10-2011 12:03am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Username1
Banned

RE: A Little Colour Help Before I Sign Final Order Please.

My 2 cents:

Your initial choice of the Dynamic in Firenze with the Red/Black interior is a truly stunning combination that you will not tire of easily. I would stick with that choice.
25-10-2011 03:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

+1

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
25-10-2011 04:40am
mark_n

The question is whether the pimento red on the inside would go with the Firenze red on the outside. If it's a close match, I like bring the outside colour of the car inside to tie the two together but I've tended to do it with painted elements like centre console and door grabs. How well that works with leather, I don't know.

Compared to the full-on Dynamic Plus, there's not that much red, so I would go to the dealer and look at the samples to see how well the two reds go together.

By the way, I don't think you can go on changing the spec at build time, your choices need to be programmed in so there will be an earlier cut-off.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
25-10-2011 05:38am
Token

The two-tone leather doesnt really do it for me...reminds me of Mercs I had ten years ago. The two-tone looks great when new, but when the leather gets a bit tired, it looks a bit naff in my experience.

The white and the red Evoques are the two most stunning colours...they really do look great. However, I didn't go with either because I fear white will soon go out of fashion (unlike grey, black, and silver, white seems to be all the rage one minute, and must avoid the next)...and the red cars I've had in the past have all faded rather quickly and looked dull after 6 months.

If you are living for today, the hey, every combination above will look great. If you have half an eye on resale in three years time or you will be keeping the car for the next few years, I might think again.

There are some people on here that can provide great advice on most things car related based on their knowledge and car history, but colour is purely down to personal preference and taste...so go with your heart...which I suggest is Red with the black and red interior.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
25-10-2011 06:46am
RacingSnake

(25-10-2011 06:46am)Token Wrote:  The two-tone looks great when new, but when the leather gets a bit tired, it looks a bit naff in my experience.
I'd agree with this point, I was cogitating about the 2-tone, but IMHO I think it dates really quickly.

I've had similar thoughts of firenze vs fuji, fuji is currently specced on my order, and realistically it's going to stay that way... as my missus said to me, "It looks lovely, but red isn't really a range rover colour" and I think I'm inclined to agree.

Certainly for me, I'm going to stick with 90-day white fuji and resale black interior! lol, I know it's not adventurous, but we've got a bright green smart car to express that side Very Happy lol

As token so eloquently put, colour is down to personal preference, and again, IMO, I'm not sure you're looking for an answer, but reassurance. Thumbs Up
You Wrote:My first choice for the car is this Dynamic in Firenze & the Red/Black interior
25-10-2011 08:42am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mk82

If you cannot make a decision: Take red! After having seen it a couple years just get a white foliation (the right word?) White is a standard coloured foil/film. The other way round would be more difficult.

Edit: wrapping is the word Very Happy

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 10:23am by mk82.)
25-10-2011 09:14am
The Valeter

(25-10-2011 06:46am)Token Wrote:  ...and the red cars I've had in the past have all faded rather quickly and looked dull after 6 months.

Fortunately for me that has never been a problem given I am a valeter, I have a 21 year old Flame Red MG Montego which looks like it has just come from the showroom.
Token - just out of interest how do you get your cars washed if they fade that badly?

Looks as though the general concensus of oppinion is Firenze & Red/Black which is kind of where my heart is anyway. That is the good thing with forums as you can get a wider range of oppinions. I really do like my cars just that little bit different to stand out. I added lots of accessories to the Freelander to grab attention to it & the signwriting on the car with the hope people phone the number on there & book me!!

I have valeted older Mercs with the 2 tone leather infact a customer of mine recently bought a CLK55 AMG cheeply as it had been neglected both inside & out & the leather on that was very tired but that again is also no issue for me. Take alcantara for example if that is neglected it looks terrible but I had the Black leather/Red Alcantara factory option on my MG ZR-Express van back in 2005 & when using it for work I simply have a Red towel over the seat to protect, when I wish to use it to go out of for a show it looks as new.

As to Red not being a real Range Rover colour, I guess that could be said & that would also apply to many so called Premium Brands but it is nice to see these cars in colours other than the main 3.
I also think the Range Rover Evoque has broken this tradition allready partly given by the amount of people on here that have ordered Firenze Red but then look at a lot of the Range Rover Evoque publicity - On their website for example there are 6 videos, 1 in LA of the 5 Door launch = Firenze Red Prestige with that lovely white leather & then The Firenze Red Dynamic in the city. You go on You Tube & there are several other LR videos with Firenze Red as the main car.
I know some manufacturers have what they call a Flagship colour maybe Firenze is that for the Evoque?
I remember Nightfire Metallic Red on Rover cars was their flagship colour & featured on many brochures, TV adds etc.
Nightfire Red was also Alverston Red on Freelander 1 (exactly the same colour).

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
25-10-2011 10:04am
Daglass

For what its worth.....

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 11:39am by Daglass.)
25-10-2011 11:38am
Blackseries

A couple of points the Black & White interior is really Mid Grey and Ivory (Cream) so wouldn't be my choice with Red.

Also I had a Red leather interior TT I loved it but was a nightmare come sale time .... I reckon it was worth about £1-2k less than an all Black interior .... and took a long time to sell. No issue if you plan to keep your car a few years but if you want to change it after say a year something to bear in mind.

This is just a personal view but the red in the red and black leather combo is nearly Firenze but not quite so to me doesn't look quite right .... it sort of clashes. It looks great with a Black car but I'm not so sure with Firenze. If I had gone Dynamic I would have chosen Firenze Red with contrasting roof and all Black interior (just keep the Aluminium highlights) .... and pano roof. JMO

Believe you me if you are looking at your Evoque to raise your profile ... a Firenze Red Dynamic RRE will be the equivalent to walking down the High Street naked ..... for at least the first 18 months....... regardless of which interior combo you choose.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 11:55am by Blackseries.)
25-10-2011 11:48am