Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
9 speed
Nowaytk

9 speed

Went into dealers yesterday to give the reg details on my order, and while I was there he asked me if I new anyone wanted a manual Evoque? As it looks like they are getting about 20 in due to because of problems with the 9 speed auto, LR had to keep the line going so only made manuals, I'm sure he also said a lot of dealerships are getting the same. Anyone else heard the same?

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
18-10-2014 02:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 9 speed

Have heard that lead in time for Evoque orders with the 9 speed auto has stretched out to 16 weeks, claim is that it is due to supply issues ................... I reckon that the pre-orders for the new Disco Sport are mostly for high spec HSE/HSE Lux with 9 Speed autos and they are getting priority over Evoque orders - same as happened in 2011 prior to Evoque launch - LR concentrated on building high spec Evoques as they earned the biggest profit margin, at the expence of low spec models and Freelander 2. At Evoque launch most of the available cars were Dynamics and Prestiges rather than Pures.
To be frank, it seems a bit shortsighted to be making a load of manual cars and farming them out to dealers as it doesn't give customers the opportunity to add factory fitted options. Most dealers are well aware which options sell best and generally order cars for stock with those options, but does the factory add them too?

What have you got on order Noway?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2014 02:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-10-2014 02:29pm
Nowaytk

Yeah I was thinking how can they make loads without knowing what sort so options to add, or is it a case of the dealers can make a few discounts to make more appealingly for just standard spec no options?
Got a new sport HSE on order, should get it mid December

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
18-10-2014 04:11pm
J77

My Evoque was put back to December 2011 due to me ordering a pure TD4. It looks like my Disco Sport is heading the same way, I've got SE manual on order.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-10-2014 04:57pm